Smith & Wesson Elite Gold 20 Ga. SxS

I recently picked up a Smith & Wesson Grade 1 Elite Gold 20 gauge side by side with the straight stock. Beautiful gun, chocked in IC & MOD. ANybody else out there have one and what's your opinion?? I'm going to take it out west this fall but will only carry it in the grass areas.

Theses guns are very nice for the price , a Turkish company called Aukus makes them . They make the Cableas Dickinson which I own .

Super nice little gun , this guns shoot right where I look .

sweet gun. I have one I got on closeout for a ridiculously low price. They look good and shoot good.

They were a short-lived model from S&W. The Turkish gunmakers have been making inroads into the American market for at least 6-8 years. They've been sold under labels: DeHaan, S&W, CZ, Kimber, Huglu, SKB, Cabelas Dickinson and probably a number of others.

They've targeted the entry level and slightly above portion of the doublegun market. Double guns are labor intensive to make and are relatively expensive compared to autos and pumps. The cheapest American sxs currently being offered by a manufacturer runs around $4500.

Recently, a well respected gunsmith I know, took one of the SKB Turkish sxs guns apart. He said it was well made inside.

Last edited:
Back