Shorthair Breeders

KansasGsp

Looking at getting a new pup this Spring/Summer. Any of you Kansas guys recommend anyone? Been looking and doing some research, figured I'd see if anyone has any suggestions. Really like the white & liver dogs. Thanks in advance and good luck this season.

:D
Looking at getting a new pup this Spring/Summer. Any of you Kansas guys recommend anyone? Been looking and doing some research, figured I'd see if anyone has any suggestions. Really like the white & liver dogs. Thanks in advance and good luck this season.

Strong point kennels i believe they are in white cloud kansas just northeast of you. They are good people and great dogs

Thanks for the info, just checked it out and he they do have some nice looking dogs. Anyone ever dealt with Prince's Quality Gun dogs? Thanks

Anytime kansasgsp. I know that strong point hunts their dogs alot and are veteran/ military owned so like to give them props

I was looking for a Shorthair pup and after weeks of getting as much info as I could I settled on Grouse Point in Wisconsin. They come from NAVHDA dog lines so they may be a little darker than what you want. There are plenty of white ones around here but are mostly from field trail stock and I wanted a more traditional GSP. Some of the same blood as my old (now deceased) dog Ike and he was as good as it gets on Kansas and Iowa pheasants and quail. My new pup was born last week and I'll pick her up in early December. He shows some availability for females only.
http://www.grousepointkennels.com/Pups_and_Started_Dogs.cfm

I've heard good things about Standing Stones Kennel. Guy never called me back when I tried him last year though. Then there's always Westwind outside Wichita. That's where my pup came from. Think I'm going to start running hunt tests with her next year.

I appreciate the replies guys. I hunt with two guys that own dogs from Outback Kennels and I actually bought a pointer from Kirby years ago. I agree that his dogs are good and have thought about buying from him again. In the early stages of checking things out, but the thought of getting a pup has already got me excited!

I have bought pups from both Blue Dawn and Princes Quality gun dogs and I could not ask for better dogs, or a better buying experience.

I suggest that you know the type of dog that best fits your style of hunting and then study the pedigrees to match what's best for you. A great dog to some can be very frustrating to others, because of it's range, temperament and style. If you have not done so already, educate yourself on the pedigrees that produce the type of dog you want and than move forward from there.

Last edited:
I'll check out Blue Dawn, thanks for the input. I know about pedigrees and bloodlines, that's one of the main reasons I was drawn to Prince's dogs.

On another note, my mother in-law just arrived at our house from SW Kansas. Said she's been seeing a few pheasants running around the farm, normally this is no big thing, but for the past 3 years they haven't seen a bird. She said she's not sure where they came from, but there's some little ones running around too. Not enough to hunt again out there I don't think, but it's a start.

Thanks for the info, just checked it out and he they do have some nice looking dogs. Anyone ever dealt with Prince's Quality Gun dogs? Thanks

Out of my group of hunting partners we have 6 dogs from Prince's. They all are nice natural hunting dogs. My personal dog picks up on everything very quickly and was very easy to train.

I would second John Prince and his GSPs. I recently got back in the game with a new pup after my GWP and FB passed several years back. Was leaning towards a GSP this time but my wife nixed the big dog idea and said another French Brittany was my only option. I came across John researching GSPs. Even though I did not get a pup from him, he has been very helpful in working with me to start my 6 month old French Brittany on introduction to birds and gun. Can't say enough great things about John's GSPs as well as his training approach. I have met several of his customers while working with him and they all praise the pups they have purchased from John.

I would check out Westwind for sure. You might have had to been on a waiting list for sometime, but you never know!:thumbsup:

I'm a new join, but I have been pheasant hunting for the past 8 years thanks to John Prince. Prince's Quality Gun Dogs are exceptional. If you go on their website, click on the "for sale" tab and you will see Rusty. Rusty arrived on my door step 8 years ago and we have been hunting since that day. I thought I was getting a bird dog, but I was wrong. John Prince sent me an unrelenting bird hunting machine that not only is great in the field but is a well behaved house dog too.

I'm a new join, but I have been pheasant hunting for the past 8 years thanks to John Prince. Prince's Quality Gun Dogs are exceptional. If you go on their website, click on the "for sale" tab and you will see Rusty. Rusty arrived on my door step 8 years ago and we have been hunting since that day. I thought I was getting a bird dog, but I was wrong. John Prince sent me an unrelenting bird hunting machine that not only is great in the field but is a well behaved house dog too.[/QUOTE

Appreciate the reply, also the replies from you others as well. I spoke to John, got a pup coming this Spring. Excited is a understatement! Good luck to all you guys this year. Heading to South Dakota on Thursday, been getting the gear ready today. Exciting time of the year, can't wait to get started!

Back