Sgtppapa

Sgtpapa

Just joined the forum. My two brothers and I would like to find an outfitter or guide with dog for pheasant, quail, and/or chukar in NE Texas around the Dallas - Ft Worth area or the San Antonio, Tx area or points in between.

Will consider a good outfitter in the southern part of OK.

One brother and I recently hunted with an outfit just west of Gainsville, TX.
Paid $235 for 1/2 day per gun over an excellent dog and handler. Had outstanding lunch; came home with 4 pheasants and 8 chukars after missing 8-10 birds.

This outfitter had recently (1-2 years) had two fires that damaged/destroyed his home and guest facalities. But they still were able to take good care of us.

Best thing about them: only 2-2 1/2 hr drive from my brother's, so no lodging.

Find them at www.TexasBirdHunt.com.

So = if you know of any good guides at reasonable prices, please let me know.

There is a guy on here, Jmc, who's boys I believe run an operation in Texas. You might ask him.

Guided Hunt

Thank you for the info about JMC. I'll check them out. My brother and I had never hunted over a dog before [I'm 67 and he's 54]. The dog handler must have thought that we had discovered SEX or something even better because we both had some much FUN!!!!!

It was a joy just watching such a fine bird dog work the field and close in on a bird! This has to be our Lord's favorite sport.

Teddy's statement is right: Only the Hunter [and Fisherman] will be able to save the wildlife and land!

Hamms in OK

Thank you for the info about Hamms. I'll check them out also as my 2nd brother lives just NW of OKC.

For the new guy on the forum, I really appreciate the quick replies and information.

Most of you probably have years of experience hunting over dogs. Hopefully, my brothers and I are at that point in our lives where we can begin to enjoy this fine sport. We have been shooting Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays for years - just haven't done that much hunting.

Thanks again.

Back