Seeing more birds. SD

Uncle Buck

Now that the crops are coming out we are seeing more birds. Dogs put up two roosters this AM in backyard, one old one young by all appearences(and cackles). I saw several on my travels Tues.. Some were "almost" in Minnesota.
Also seeing more deer and alas, coons and skunks moving. Be prepared as the cover is limited and crowded by all species.

Also seeing more deer and alas, coons and skunks moving. Be prepared as the cover is limited and crowded by all species.

Yeah, here too:confused: I didn't see many coons and such dead on the side of the road this summer, not much sign in the form of tracks around watering holes either.

I figured the drought got to them. Now the past few weeks I've been seeing a lot of dead coons and possums alone the road side. Don't know where their coming from:confused:

Bird #'s are good around here in comparison to the last couple years. My step-dad was walking near his house last week and flushed 8 wild pheasants as he walked down a mowed path. All things are looking up for this fall in many parts of the mid-west.:)

Yeah, here too:confused: I didn't see many coons and such dead on the side of the road this summer, not much sign in the form of tracks around watering holes either.

I figured the drought got to them. Now the past few weeks I've been seeing a lot of dead coons and possums alone the road side. Don't know where their coming from:confused:

Bird #'s are good around here in comparison to the last couple years. My step-dad was walking near his house last week and flushed 8 wild pheasants as he walked down a mowed path. All things are looking up for this fall in many parts of the mid-west.:)

Your going to have a good Fall. What is the date of your pheasant opener?

Your going to have a good Fall. What is the date of your pheasant opener?

We open Nov. 3rd. I'm not sure I'll get out opening weekend:( If not, I'm planning on taking a day off the following week to chase some birds.:thumbsup:

What I'm seeing dead on the roads this fall is lots and lots of skunks:eek:--saw 38 just in the east bound lane of I90 from Rapid City to Sioux Falls 2 weeks ago--think one should have a de-skunk odor package in the truck if hunting with dogs this fall.;)

I usually care a .22 pistol for the little stinks a%%es, ain't saying I can hit them with it, but I have updated the ruger auto with a red dot scope, look out you little bast%%%s :)

I use a single shot scoped 223--don't miss often--very effective:D

What I'm seeing dead on the roads this fall is lots and lots of skunks:eek:--saw 38 just in the east bound lane of I90 from Rapid City to Sioux Falls 2 weeks ago--think one should have a de-skunk odor package in the truck if hunting with dogs this fall.;)
tHE DE-SKUNK KIT IS ALWAYS IN THE TRUCK. tWO QT.S OF PEROXIDE A BOX OF ARM and HAMMER and a small bottle of Dawn. Enough for two dogs before more peroxide needed.
The coons and shunks are all over the roads. Can't run over enough of them.

Back