Season

Hmm lots of looks no reply's.

Only the hardcore travel to MT to chase birds lol u pass tons of pheasant sharptail & Hun's going to MT I hunted MT in 2014 tuff tuff hunt shot sharptail & sage grouse ez no Hun's was not there for pheasant... Terrain will eat up your dogs feet in cactus sage country that why I say tuff plus birds not all over...

Pheasant hunting MT all I've read & herd from guys who hunted MT is u will get u birds if u hunt hard more hunters then u would expect along the hi-line look into that if u don't know what I mean ... Guys travel to MT for the high bird numbers the states statistics put out yearly & to get away from other hunters but most time hunters are around the public lands & gotta walk all day for 3 birds but mite move a hun here & there... & if in prairie sharptails...

Just cuz MT pheasant are above 10 year high etc. & its the only state I pretty sure that can say are above there 10 year averages... But that does not mean there more pheasant there then SD ND etc. Just doing good in MT. But ND SD has more birds hands down...

Hard to beat mixed bag opportunities in MT.

There was some good posters & members on this mt thread a few year ago look into past posts aways & u will find em them good guys got ran off a by mods now this thread is all but dead...

It will depend a lot on where you hunt....parts have had exceptional moisture looks great, other areas dry...real dry, Montana is a HUGE state, so it is impossible to tell you what you can expect. I moved from Nebraska, after the population there started to go down, I moved across SD and ND to where I wanted to live, been hunting birds since I could walk along with father and grandfather, saw Nebraska in the 90's when it was the best hunting in the country, what I have found in Montana is like Nebraska was then, only more grouse and huns...lol, plus the big game hunting is great also. Montana's Block land is alright for birds, but remember, this stuff gets nailed, seen acres hunted every day for 2 weeks, kind of silly, even same guys going thru day after day, no wonder there aren't any birds. You would be amazed at what a couple weeks in in the summer in Montana visiting land owners and perhaps getting to know them would accomplish, rather then appearing with hundreds of other guys wanting to hunt their land on day before opening day. p.s....I still drive back down to NE Nebraska couple times of year, across interstates in both ND and SD.....I will stay where I am...LOL.

Back