SE South Dakota Weather

SDJIM

For all of you who hunt in SE/SC South Dakota: Delmont SD ravaged by large tornado this morning --much damage and reports of injuries. Storm then tracked North just missing Parkston, Ethan and weakened and went thru Mitchell with no reported damage. Sad Mothers day for SD. :(

Sounds like only minor injuries in Delmont. Thankful for that. We had a lot of rain today in Watertown and the wind has been blowing over 30 mph out of the east all day. Still howling tonight. Temp never got above 45 today.

We finally got some rain--about 1.5 inches in the last 4 days--not all that much but a lot better than the almost nothing since the new year--farmers lost lots of winter wheat, going to be lots of bean fields. We were at the point where grass was not growing due to lack of moisture--but it sure has greened up now:)

We watched that cell roll thru yesterday Jim. Nasty stuff for sure. Missed the base camp at plank. Could've been much worse it that baby would've came unraveled over Mitchell like it looked like it was going to. Sad for Delmont.

We are so sorry for the people with losses. I'm glad you got some moisture and hope it helps your crops and birds. I hate the tornados out there (and elswhere!) Our friends in Nebraska who live in Halam said their town had only five homes out of two hundred total, that weren't condemed due to an F5 this was about 2005. Thankfully they were out of town because theirs was totally gone. I don't want to be anywhere around a tornado!

We have some of the claims in the office for the City buildings and the new Emergency services building. The insurance company said "take a pic and we will write the check" as it was just finished last year. No evaluation problems!

Back