Save me some time.

GPowers

OK my fellow hunters, after a long consideration I'm thinking of hunting Kansas because of your nice long extended season. While I'm packed with snow and 25 below in January, you lucky souls get to hunt my favorite birds.
I was hoping to catch a break and get a little help on a place to start... I hunt MN and SD now and I'm thinking IA and KS are open season this year as well.

A starting point would be great! I only hunt public grounds, not interested in paying someone to hunt as I already pay a hunt club to keep my dogs on birds in between trips.

So any of you real hunters have any ideas, please feel free to help me out. Thanks in advance and P/M me if you don't want the world to see!:cheers:

Thanks guys

Gordy

Go to KDWPT website and look at the upland forecast . We used that for our guide for a youth hunt and moved close to a 100 birds in a days time . Not Dakotas but not bad .

its going to be spotty and birds are wild as hell in January.....you can shoot a few in that late season, but it takes work and luck and a damn good dog.

Thank you to everyone! That's why these sites are so great for the info needed to succeed! Thank you to the guys that PM'd me also.... I hope to make the trip and hunt your great State!

Back