Salina dog friendly motels

rattman

I have an invite to hunt near Salina and am looking for a motel/hotel that will allow my dog in the room. Would much prefer an outside entrance from the parking area. Any suggestions? Any places to avoid? Restaurants?

Thanks for your help,

ratt

I don't have any specifics about Salina, but I bet a town that size is gonna have a bunch of chain motels turn up on the search engines and travel sites. I say scroll on down past that and look for real bad ratings and cheap prices. Ones you can't book online, because they don't have an affiliation or a system; ones that don't even have an 800 number. Probably on whatever the 'bad' side of town is.

Good luck, and bring your Lysol wipes :D

Hey ratt,
If Russell is close enough for you the Days Inn there is what you described and also has a fantastic breakfast and dinner spot across the street at Meridy's.

Will be there hunting solo next Sun,Mon,Tuesday.

Best of luck,
Brad

If your hunting west of Salina you could grab a kdwp cabin at kanopilis. But I'm sure there are a ton of dog friendly motels in Salina. Just don't tell them how big of dog you have.

just tell them it's a "show" dog...works every time...lol oh and when they ask what it's name is....always reply "Princess" even when it's really Bowser, Rebel or Angus...lol

Go to TripAdvisor.com and search for motel in Salina. You can narrow your search to "Pet Friendly" motels. There are quite a few. I've check because I plan to stop for the night in Salina on our way to Arizona after Christmas.

Thanks for the input, guys. From researching the net, I've found a couple of potential options in Salina but haven't called them, as yet (Econo Lodge and Howard Johnsons). Both appear to have outside entrances with adjacent parking. I hate hauling all the gear through a lobby and/or up any stairs and having to march the dog back and forth every time I air him out. I was hoping for any first hand experiences that could be shared but appreciate all input.

I left CO today and made it to the Colby area with enough time for a sampling of a couple of fields. The CRP cover of the 1st WIHA was still rather sparse but 3 birds that the dog was working blew out ahead of him at about 75 yards. The 2nd WIHA was nice, tall wheat stubble with weedy undercover and we got a hen pointed there. No shots were fired today but enjoyed the walks. That was plenty of run time for my setter as the temps were in the mid 60's. Dry as a bone!

I'm in Russell for a couple of days hoping that the milo and corn that were still up earlier in the season is now cut. On my previous safari, I wasn't seeing more than 5 or 6 birds per day but I still enjoy the hunting part-
especially the dog work.

It is unlikely that I will ingest any of the Cozy Inn sliders. I survived entirely too many White Castle episodes during my misspent youth and promised my gastro system that I would never do that again. Of course, I was also pretty sure that I was going to quit drinking after each of those events, too.

Thanks for the suggestions and please keep them coming.

ratt

PS: What motel owner would refuse this dog?

12-15-10Atwood-StFrancis001crop.jpg

1-29-11Ellsworth027cropbrightcontrastcorrected.jpg

before I had my RV I used to stay in ellsworth at the grand prairie in ( I think its now called the "best value inn"), nice rooms, dog friendly and outside entrances

they even had a bird cleaning station

haven't been in about 10 years but I thought it was nice back then

I had 6 dogs in the room

Back