Run free Bird Dog

quail hound

JP and I have made incredible memories together. We've climbed mountains and crossed deserts. We've watched a thousand sunrises waiting with anticipation and looked back on the day while enjoying the sunset. Together JP and I have chased our passion across this country, we've filled our bag and been skunked (literally and figuratively) but looking back now everyday was as good as the last. All dogs from here out will be judged, probably unfairly, against JP as I remember with a bit of pollyanna.

You drove me crazy at times, you were too hard for a first time trainer like myself and you pushed the boundaries often. The decision to let you run your puppy season with no e collar when your obedience was fair at best was probably not the best one but we both learned so much from it. You were my best friend and constant companion for 10yrs and I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I could because you've made life full for those years.

I told my friend that we sign a contract when we pick up that puppy, one that we know ends in heartbreak but I'll sign that contract every time even knowing.

So don't mourn for us, because you see I have a lifetime of memories to cherish, instead hug that dog at your feet tight and give him an extra treat and a scratch behind the ears for JP and I tonight.

John Paul Jones 8/8/08- 11/2/18

View attachment 8625

JP, good dog.

As the season changes from fall to winter a storm is pushing in bringing the snow and the cold. Tommorow we will chase the birds in the snow, the muck, and the cattails, just the kinds of places JP was in his element, hunting for birds in places many dogs would not enter. Tommorow we will walk the northern prairie in honor of JP.

As the season changes from fall to winter a storm is pushing in bringing the snow and the cold. Tommorow we will chase the birds in the snow, the muck, and the cattails, just the kinds of places JP was in his element, hunting for birds in places many dogs would not enter. Tommorow we will walk the northern prairie in honor of JP.

Thank you buddy, I hope you guys have a great day!

Thank you all!

Never met him in real life, but the kinship I felt now causes an emptiness in my heart. I'll spoil Mick a bit tonight, as if the affection could cross the country and realities.

Sorry for your loss; glad for the joy you shared.

Thanks for sharing him.

:thumbsup:

Sorry, I lost mine 3 years ago, and it broke me down.And really, is there anything more special than a dog?

Quail Hound,
Good on ye Mate, and that most special partner JP, Rest to JP and peace to ye Mate, ye gave each other ye best. 👍

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Back