Ruffland Kennels

Hosk13f

Has anyone used the ruffland intermediate kennel and if so how have you liked it? I was looking to get one for my lab shes pretty compact at 61 pounds so I was wondering if this would be big enough for her or if I would have to size up

I have a 62 lb female who it tall and long and I have done my share of long distance travel. I think it’s perfect.

The intermediate should be perfect.

Not to throw a monkey wrench in the works, give the Dakota 283 kennel a look. Its a really nice crate that bridges the gap between the Ruffland and the gunner.

I have a few of the intermediate Ruffland. Great size. Fits in the back seat of my truck. Easy to carry into hotel room. My intermediate Lucky Duck is a little larger but heavy and stays in the back of my truck.

My dogs are 58 and 64 lbs and I use the large. The intermediate would be fine for short trips but going for long distance and keeping the dog over night and for several days, I wouldn't put my dog in anything but the large.

My dogs are 58 and 64 lbs and I use the large. The intermediate would be fine for short trips but going for long distance and keeping the dog over night and for several days, I wouldn't put my dog in anything but the large.
If size isn’t an issue inside your vehicle, I’d agree with that. Having said that, one of my crates is about 8’ from me, I’m looking at one of my dogs inside of it, and she’s got a good amount of room. More is certainly preferable.

I agree it’s a touch small especially in the house. But you can pick up a used pet porter for inside pretty cheap and easily.
The intermediate it super convenient. It fits end to end in the back seat of my pickup. In the bed it leaves room for a small cooler. And I’ve got a bin that fits perfectly on top between the two of them. The best part of them to me is I can drop the tailgate and not have to open the window on the soft topper to get in them. Hard topper you’d have to crack a little bit.C191454C-EC70-406D-B5C6-347E590C8A00.jpeg37936C9E-DC60-40FB-8E45-144FE73A47BB.jpeg

I agree it’s a touch small especially in the house. But you can pick up a used pet porter for inside pretty cheap and easily.
The intermediate it super convenient. It fits end to end in the back seat of my pickup. In the bed it leaves room for a small cooler. And I’ve got a bin that fits perfectly on top between the two of them. The best part of them to me is I can drop the tailgate and not have to open the window on the soft topper to get in them. Hard topper you’d have to crack a little bit.View attachment 5514View attachment 5515
I have AC that I can run into my topper. I also have the insulated Mud River Covers. It's the cats meow!!!

This is just for trips to and from hunting grounds for longer trips she would probably be on the front seat and I'd use a collapsible crate for overnights

Back