Royals almost don't suck again

carptom1

Glad I didn't spout off how i thought the royals would actually be winners this year. Wow we suck bad. Real shame too. We have a pretty talented offense, but pitching is tough. I am tired of the " it's our time crap" they are trying to shove down our throat with all the the tired commercials. Looks like the same old losing team i have been watching for as long as i can remember. Between the crappy game and Hundley as our new announcer i feel violent. I think I will go to Cabela's this week and get some of the new Zombie targets. Maybe the have one of Ned Yost, or maybe the ugly mug of David Glass. Now that would even be an ugly zombie.

Last edited:
I know Zeb but at least you guys fielded a competitive team for the last decade or so. We have sucked for a long time. I am starting to believe Yost may be one of the worst mgrs in baseball. He screws with the lineup too much. Alex Gordon who won a gold glove in left, flourished in the leadoff spot last year, was benched for a game after a bad opening weekend. He is constantly tweaking the lineup and batting order. Just leave it alone. He overthinks his role. Some of the players have even cried about maybe all the hype with the " it's our time crap " we here on every commercial " has put too much pressure on them". Really, I love it when the millionare athletes talk about " having too much pressure on them". Live in the real world for a while. I worry about paying for kids college, a mortgage, replacing an old truck, and all my hunting trips I want to take. Ok maybe the last one can come out, but I am not shedding any tears for them. I just get tired of the lame old excuses. They aren't even playing with good fundamentals at this point. If you are not going to win at least move runners, play good D, and run the bases with intelligence. That isn't too much pressure. Or is it?

This team does not suck, they just haven't learned how to win as a team yet.
There are a bunch of the hitters that are trying to do too much a the plate, you can't try to hit a home run every at bad. We are seeing too many big swing with runners on, that lead to strikeouts.

Pitchers that are young trying to throw the ball by the hitter for a K, rather than making a good pitch for a ground ball out.

They are not headed to the world series, but they don't suck.

I know Zeb but at least you guys fielded a competitive team for the last decade or so. We have sucked for a long time. I am starting to believe Yost may be one of the worst mgrs in baseball. He screws with the lineup too much. Alex Gordon who won a gold glove in left, flourished in the leadoff spot last year, was benched for a game after a bad opening weekend. He is constantly tweaking the lineup and batting order. Just leave it alone. He overthinks his role. Some of the players have even cried about maybe all the hype with the " it's our time crap " we here on every commercial " has put too much pressure on them". Really, I love it when the millionare athletes talk about " having too much pressure on them". Live in the real world for a while. I worry about paying for kids college, a mortgage, replacing an old truck, and all my hunting trips I want to take. Ok maybe the last one can come out, but I am not shedding any tears for them. I just get tired of the lame old excuses. They aren't even playing with good fundamentals at this point. If you are not going to win at least move runners, play good D, and run the bases with intelligence. That isn't too much pressure. Or is it?
i listened to brett the other day on the radio and i think hes a pretty straight forward guy he thinks there going to be really good but you wouldnt know it now ,they do have some really live arms i like duffy lots, hey at least we have a team and an awesome stadium just to hang out and have fun but i like to win as much as you if you like teams to win year in year out you should root for a no brainer and hang a alabama football flag over the roof of your house :) roll tide

i listened to brett the other day on the radio and i think hes a pretty straight forward guy he thinks there going to be really good but you wouldnt know it now ,they do have some really live arms i like duffy lots, hey at least we have a team and an awesome stadium just to hang out and have fun but i like to win as much as you if you like teams to win year in year out you should root for a no brainer and hang a alabama football flag over the roof of your house :) roll tide

I'd rather burn my house:D

At least we got to see something we have seen for awhile.............wait for it.............. the jays turned in a triple play on us. First in like thirty years against us. Royals lose again.

We'll you could look at this way. At least you have no reason to get your hopes up. With the Twins they tease us with a season or two and look like they might go somewhere only tear our hearts out and get bumped out of the first round. I guess you have to pick the lessor of two evils. With the Twins they need to somehow "Yankee" proof their psyche as they are beaten before they even step on the field.

Unfortunately with baseball and no salary caps, it mostly rests with the ownership and their commitment to winning plain and simple.....

Last edited:
We'll you could look at this way. At least you have no reason to get your hopes up. With the Twins they tease us with a season or two and look like they might go somewhere only tear our hearts out and get bumped out of the first round. I guess you have to pick the lessor of two evils. With the Twins they need to somehow "Yankee" proof their psyche as they are beaten before they even step on the field.

Unfortunately with baseball and no salary caps, it mostly rests with the ownership and their commitment to winning plain and simple.....

I agree. With us having the king of wal-mart at the helm i have my doubts. When Ewing owned the team, he would not accept losing and did what needed to be done to assure we were competitive. Glass is more interested in running it like a wal-mart. According to all accounts we turn a tidy profit every year. Of course the Royals paint a different picture. To top it off they had a job fair at the stadium on friday. It cost fifteen dollars to attend. Oh yea you got a free ticket to watch the losers play, but you had to pay for parking. I guess that's one way to fill the stadium.

The Royals marketing department and Management made a mistake.
They are going to be a competitive team, but they are super young and have several key players out injured, The extra pressure is not helping.

I think they will come out of it. But this season is in danger of falling apart.

Is it possible to be mathmatically eliminated in May?

Rut

:D:D:D

This loosing streak is mostly mental. They are playing well enough to win for most of the game, then make a couple of rookie mistakes (hitting or on the mound) late in the game, and it another loss.

:D:D:D

This loosing streak is mostly mental. They are playing well enough to win for most of the game, then make a couple of rookie mistakes (hitting or on the mound) late in the game, and it another loss.

I agree with you on all of that. I think we are very talented at most positions, and a couple pitchers away from being good. My problem is with Yost. Everything that was wrong with him with the Brewers is wrong with the Royals. Weird lineups, doesn't manage the bullpen correctly, poor game management. You would of thought he learned from the mistakes that got him fired with the brewers but apparently not. I think young players, much like young dogs, need structure and consistency. They are not getting that batting in a different position every night, or getting benched after a bad series. 5-6 or six more loses and we will have a new thread titled: Ned Yost death watch. It worked for Todd Haley:D

I agree with you on all of that. I think we are very talented at most positions, and a couple pitchers away from being good. My problem is with Yost. Everything that was wrong with him with the Brewers is wrong with the Royals. Weird lineups, doesn't manage the bullpen correctly, poor game management. You would of thought he learned from the mistakes that got him fired with the brewers but apparently not. I think young players, much like young dogs, need structure and consistency. They are not getting that batting in a different position every night, or getting benched after a bad series. 5-6 or six more loses and we will have a new thread titled: Ned Yost death watch. It worked for Todd Haley:D

Couldn't agree more. Losing blowouts is a team implosion; losing by a run falls on the coach. I don't understand why he continually changes the lineup with such a young team. Just doesn't make sense to me at all...

I'm ready for the NFL draft! :D

Tonight is a classic case of how the Royals keep loosing.
They are failing to do the little things that get you runs. Fail to get a bunt down, runners on 3rd with less than 2 outs multiple times and don't score (stike-outs and infield pop-ups). Those are player issues.

That isn't the managers fault, its young players that are going through growing pains.

Tonight is a classic case of how the Royals keep loosing.
They are failing to do the little things that get you runs. Fail to get a bunt down, runners on 3rd with less than 2 outs multiple times and don't score (stike-outs and infield pop-ups). Those are player issues.

That isn't the managers fault, its young players that are going through growing pains.

True, but it doesn't help that he has a different lead off hitter every game! There are times I think he is managing a little league team and feels like he needs to get everyone their 2 innings or else their mom will be mad!

Rut

Back