Remington 105 cti II

gsp4life

my dad is in the market for a new shotgun. i tell him to go benelli. but hes an old man and stuck in his ways and wont buy anything but remington or browning. i know the remington cti had problems in the past but i think they got it all cleared up. the price for the remington is 1399 and the price for the ultra light benelli is the same. does anyone have any experience with the remington cti. and if you had to pick between the two what would you go with?

Well, I may take a beating for this, but I would go with the Remington myself. I understand the 105cti II is much better then the first guns produced. I have wanted to put one of these in my hands for a long time. I like things that are different.

Besides, I have had half Doz. Benelli's and IMO, they aren't all that great. In fact, I bought one of the first Montifelto's that were shipped in to the country back in the mid 80's. When the bolt handle sheered off on opening morning of duck hunting three years ago. I sold my last SBE and bought a Browning Cynergy 3.5" camo O/U and have never looked back. None of them shot all loads like they advertised. Beretta makes a way better auto

The new Remington is supposedly improved from the early guns and is okay now, but why take a chance? The Remington 1100 and 11-87 are proven guns as is Beretta. However, the 105CTI is a way cool gun. If you look around, you may still find a new Winchester Super-X III, which is almost as cool as the 105CTI. Also within your budget would be a mint Browning A-5 or, even cooler, a mint Browning Double Auto.

However, I'm with ONPOINT. Shoot a quality OU (or SxS) for a season, and you'll never go back to those clankety-clunk-kachunk guns. Every once in a while I shoot my wife's 1100, and every time I think, "Damn, this thing must be about to self destruct, all those parts rattling around".

Last edited:
No autos for me with pheasants...

Put me in with the previous two replies... I have an 11-87 that, since last season, has been relegated to waterfowling only... It's a terrific auto, but...

Drove 4 hours to a great spot, parked upwind, closed the doors quietly, even managed to keep the pup from barking with excitement. Everything perfectly lined up for a stealthy sneak-up on the pheasants. Until I loaded my 11-87. Soon as I chambered the first round and that breech closed - :eek:KLUNK!!!:eek: - the 20 or so birds hunkered down about 60 yards away jumped up and flew into the next county.:mad:

Bought a nice o/u the following week and have been over-the-top happy with it.

Back