Regent, ND area

Hi All,
We make an annual trip to Regent to chase Ringnecks and have been doing so for a number of years. We have hunted on a ranchers land and paying a daily fee to hunt his property. The fee has been going up and we were informed it was going up next year again. We still plan on hunting with him but may take a few days to hunt other property. I have heard there is some public access areas and wondering if any of you have hunted them and if so, how was it? Also wondering if anyone knows other land owners in that area that might let hunters access their land. Just starting to look ahead to next year.

Thanks in advance....

regent-
there is plots in the area of Mott and Regent, they can be honey holes or Baled? No way of knowing with out scouting in advance. sometimes they look barren, and 1/2 mile away is a swale that is NOT noticeable from the road, and no one walks it!!!! google earth might be a good scouting tool, I just drive , and drive, and drive!

Would you be willing to share what you pay the farmer or will be paying? Our group has been hunting the same spots in SD for 6 years and are looking to mix it up. Early talk is we're going to try ND. I don't mind the challenge of public land at all and probably wouldn't pay to hunt land but I'd like to have a price in the back of mind just in case.

It has gone up.

When we first moved to ND we paid $50 a day. Then it went to $60 for a few years, then $75 and we were advised this year that it will be $100 per day. We normally hunt for 6 days so we are thinking of taking a day or two off to maybe hunt some public hunting areas or knock on a few doors...

When we left SD (Winner area) in 08' it was going up to $125 a day. Wonder what it is in that area now?? The other issue we had with SD is that the fees kept going up and the amount of land we had access to kept going down.

Thank you for sharing. Where we hunt in SD I hear is $150 a gun. I can't help but think $50 a bird? I can stay home and pay $18 a bird at the game farm. I know it's not the same still I can't help thinking that. We have a great situation hunting public land in SD but are looking to mix it up this year as hitting the same spots for 6 years has gotten a little boring. We're looking to hit ND for the first time. My ideal criteria (more then a lot of birds) is a decent place to stay and no crowds.

$150 per day seems to be the norm. Some of the upper end lodges are 3 - 4 K
for a three -day hunt; obviously this includes lodging et al.

At least we are getting a break on some of the expenses, with low gas prices!

Higher End Hunt

The past few years I have also been invited to attend a Corporate customer hunt in SD. It includes everything and all you have to do is bring your hunting gear and your gun. You can bring your dog if you would like but they provide guides and dogs. It includes lodging and 3 meals a days and they clean a prep your birds etc. The cost for this hunt is $500 a day per man. It is totally different than our hunt in ND. It is set up with narrow fields with great cover and the birds are plentiful.

It is a nice experience and is very relaxing.

The past few years I have also been invited to attend a Corporate customer hunt in SD. It includes everything and all you have to do is bring your hunting gear and your gun. You can bring your dog if you would like but they provide guides and dogs. It includes lodging and 3 meals a days and they clean a prep your birds etc. The cost for this hunt is $500 a day per man. It is totally different than our hunt in ND. It is set up with narrow fields with great cover and the birds are plentiful.

It is a nice experience and is very relaxing.

them boys are keepin it real! lol:D

I've been hunting with a group of guys from CO and staying in Winner the last two years. We were paying $150 per day gun fees and it's going up to $200 this year. I'm thinking I will transfer that cost to licenses and fuel for more NE and KS trips in addition to eastern CO.

I've been hunting with a group of guys from CO and staying in Winner the last two years. We were paying $150 per day gun fees and it's going up to $200 this year. I'm thinking I will transfer that cost to licenses and fuel for more NE and KS trips in addition to eastern CO.

sound idea......agree.

Back