Raw food

padave

Who feeds their dog raw dog food and why and what kind ?

I have a lab that's on pretty good dry food because my wife spares no expense when it comes to her baby( we tried 3 different kinds of food ) and before you say anything I know he's a lab and is always hungry he's our 3rd one. But no matter what kind of food we try he seems to be always hungry. More then the other labs we've had. I've been reading reviews about raw and it seems to be pretty good. I would just like to hear what y'all think. Also we have had him checked by a vet and he's pretty sound.

Not sure how you would be able to accurately know what nutrients are in the raw and in what quantities. The guaranteed analysis in dry kibble supplies me that information. I supplement with meat but the dog eats a quality kibble.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

He's got a good appetite, vet check was good...seems like a good situation as it.

My previous lab (Hauss) had a bowel of dog food sitting out all day. He ate when he was hungry. A little here a little there. The lab I own now is like the one you have. Always hungry. Lean, but hungry. If he could eat a bag of dog food I think he'd get it done.

About a year or so ago I started feeding him (and my wife's dog) raw food along with their dry dog food. The shedding stopped, ear issues gone, and both dog's coats are shiny. Though, regardless of his raw food consumption, he still has an apatite.

Nick

Back