Raina's Special Day!

gjw

Hey all, well today my Raina girl turned 8 years old! So for her present, we took her hunting! She did really well today, very nice stanch points and great field work. So good in fact, y son Will was able to limit out in about 45 minutes. This is the first time he's done that since he went into the Army 4 years ago. So he was very happy as well. Jim and I each got one, Jim as normal hates his picture being taken so only the one of him and his brother.

Will, Raina and Jim

lPZtNGV.jpg

Raina after a good afternoon hunt

uRn645B.jpg

Will with his birds. He was using his 16ga Sauer Royal

scpaZ8L.jpg

I used my 16b Charles Hellis today

e6Y4mwn.jpg

And......Raina at home! Happy Birthday!

OlJXmgy.jpg

Best,

Greg

Nice job, has to be great to hunt with your boys! The vest on the GSP, can she deal with that in warmer temps, like 30s and higher? I have a male GSP, he is slowing a little now, turning 13 this summer, but he seems to always be on the verge of over-heating in warm temps, upper 30s and above. I think the vest would kill him. That vest looks pretty substainial.

Happy Birthday to Raina the Rooster Machine. Today was a good day to be out. Two friends and I ended with four roosters. I shot straight behind some good dog work from Willow the pup and Ellie. One bird I shot tipped the tape at 24" with some nice spurs. Hard to believe that the season is winding down. I couldn't have hoped for a better season from the puppy. Tonight she had a full on retrieve right back to me. IMG_0246.jpeg123_1-1.jpeg123_1.jpeg

Back