Rain in Kansas

None at the Ponderosa.
CoCoRaHS is a good place to check on rainfall.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-16 085607.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-16 085607.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Maynard! That's a great site. Let's hope it shows some rainfall for Kansas very soon!

Leavenworth county had rain for about three minutes where I am at, multiple grass fires here too. Smoke was everywhere last night

Just checked accuweather for Dodge City. The best chances of rain between now and Jan 6 are on Jan 1 (25%) and Jan 6 (30%). Every other day is single digits or zero.

Bitter cold to the northwest, hot hot to the to the southeast and a strong jet stream separating leaves Kansas windy and dry. No real prospects for moisture in the next ten days is the way I see it.

Moisture chances continue to improve for most of Kansas over the weekend. Maybe my Sunday hunt will be a "fresh snow hunt". We only get a couple of those a year, and they aren't always on weekends. Hope the road crews can keep up and we can get from Wichita to our spots safely.

Moisture chances continue to improve for most of Kansas over the weekend. Maybe my Sunday hunt will be a "fresh snow hunt". We only get a couple of those a year, and they aren't always on weekends. Hope the road crews can keep up and we can get from Wichita to our spots safely.
Good luck. Nothing better than a fresh snow hunt.

About 2-3 inches so far, and it is still snowing. Its blowing all over the place. Wish we would have gotten rain instead, but we will take it.

Back