Quail opener

jmac

Hey anybody make it out friday for the quail opener? If so how did you do and what did you see?

I am heading out tomorrow to find out my self. :thumbsup:

Well, any luck today Scott?

Robert,

I did get into several coveys, however I could not take the shots. They all where right off of roads and flushed across the road. But I was very pleased with the numbers that I saw. Many of them where very young birds. I will let them grow a little before hunting them again. Going to another area next weekend.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the update Jmac! A friend of mine lives in Mearns country down there and says Gambels had a weak hatch but Mearns are looking good. I can't wait for December!

Well we are getting pounded with the remains of another hurricane. God please dont dump another 3 or 4 inches. LOL

I hope those quail know how to swim Scott. We would kill for 3 or 4 inches right now.

Headed up here now! Expecting around the 4" mark around Pueblo by tomorrow night. Sent a friend up to the high country for elk and he is likey to have the place to his self since he is already there. Very few can get up the road when it is that wet. I bet he even gets some snow up that high. I can hear the complaining already!! Hope he took a tarp to cover his wood pile!!!:D

4-6 inches up high! nice rain here all day yesterday... Another fast mover due on Sunday.

Back