Quail Call

Tackhunt

Anyone make a great call, or know of one?

Jim Mathews out of CA makes custom quail calls. I've seen them in person and have spoken with Jim a few times. His calls are beautiful. Expensive, but beautiful. They aren't as easy to use as the Loman's call as Jim's calls are in two pieces held together on one end by a leather lanyard. They sound just as good as the Loman's call.

If you are looking for simple and very effective call that will last a lifetime, go with the Loman's. I don't leave the house without it.

Jim Mathews out of CA makes custom quail calls. I've seen them in person and have spoken with Jim a few times. His calls are beautiful. Expensive, but beautiful. They aren't as easy to use as the Loman's call as Jim's calls are in two pieces held together on one end by a leather lanyard. They sound just as good as the Loman's call.

If you are looking for simple and very effective call that will last a lifetime, go with the Loman's. I don't leave the house without it.

I actually won two of Jim's calls recently at the Valley of the Sun Quail Banquet. $50 for two calls. Not to bad of a price, damn good quality too.

:cheers:

Off the subject of quail call...I've been seeking advice on a good quail hunting venue. I live in Illinois and am willing to go any reasonable distance and pay
to hunt wild quail on decent ground. I have the dog and my son to join me
who has never hunted wild quail. I would really appreciate any info/leads from
you guys. Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Back