Pull the trigger?

ss13

New member here. I’ve been lurking for quite a while and have gone through the shotgun pages, which are chalked full of advice. Now, I need a little of my own.

I found locally a browning 525 28ga with 250 rounds of ammo included plus chokes. Gun is in great condition. This would be my first O/U. What do you say, pull the trigger at $1,500 total package? Talked with the owner who was very patient and answers tons of questions and provided great info about the gun. Sounded like a straight shooter.

New member here. I’ve been lurking for quite a while and have gone through the shotgun pages, which are chalked full of advice. Now, I need a little of my own.

I found locally a browning 525 28ga with 250 rounds of ammo included plus chokes. Gun is in great condition. This would be my first O/U. What do you say, pull the trigger at $1,500 total package? Talked with the owner who was very patient and answers tons of questions and provided great info about the gun. Sounded like a straight shooter.

Well, here it is. Looking at the serial number it’s a 2006 525 28ga with 28” barrel. It came with 25 boxes (mix of field and target) of shells and 8 tubes. It’s my first O/U. Was $1,500 out the door fair? Guess it doesn’t matter now, as I already purchased it!

Attachments

• E0393256-D08D-4EA6-945F-D114EBB56A4E.jpeg
    E0393256-D08D-4EA6-945F-D114EBB56A4E.jpeg
    8.3 MB · Views: 43
I would say you did very good on it. especially with the shells and choke tubes. Congrats and enjoy it.

Yep, you did very well. Good shotgun, lots of tubes and ammo which is high right now. Saw two boxes of 20ga Prairie Storm at the local gun shop today @ $25 a box. They had some Winchester 12 ga promo trap loads at $7/box, limit two. So in ammo alone you probably got a good discount.

Enjoy!

I had a 525 in 20 gauge a while back and really liked it. I think you did pretty good on your purchase. Enjoy it!

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I will be bringing this Brittany home next week too! Was going to wait for a puppy, but a good kennel in IL informed me that they had this started pup for sale. He’s 9 months old. Fingers crossed the visit goes well!

Attachments

• 88ACCC20-70D1-4E26-AF04-B80311A2D263.jpeg
    88ACCC20-70D1-4E26-AF04-B80311A2D263.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I will be bringing this Brittany home next week too! Was going to wait for a puppy, but a good kennel in IL informed me that they had this started pup for sale. He’s 9 months old. Fingers crossed the visit goes well!
Smokin hot deal on a beautiful Browning and a beautiful new Brittany you are doing great. Congrats and you should get many years of enjoyment out of both.

One nice looking Browning and Brittany, your going to have a great start to a new season.

From the pic the gun looks to be in 90% + condition. I'd say you stumbled upon a great deal. Have fun with it.

Back