Prevent Plant

That is a great question. We have not planted a kernel of anything yet there will be some PP here not sure how much.

Is the crop, wheat or corn, where you fellas are? Just the opposite here, are still quite dry here locally, they are finishing up the planting of soybeans now. Planted about 5.5 acres of food plots today, all grain sorghum....would really like an an inch or 2 of rain to get it up and growing.

Have frost on the vehicles in my driveway from last night. Have my potatoes & onions in for a week now, have the squash (yellow, zucchini, butternut and acorns), melons in the ground and hope to plant the pumpkin seeds and the broccoli, peppers & tomatoes plants this afternoon.
Need to spray some Harness overtop the food plots today too. It gets busy this time of the year. Need to get my reloading done for our upcoming prairie dawg shoot also. I did get the underground fence completed last weekend, the dog had that understood in 24 hours, I was amazed! I will leave the flags in another week or so for that visual reminder for him.

Have frost on the vehicles in my driveway from last night. Have my potatoes & onions in for a week now, have the squash (yellow, zucchini, butternut and acorns), melons in the ground and hope to plant the pumpkin seeds and the broccoli, peppers & tomatoes plants this afternoon.
Need to spray some Harness overtop the food plots today too. It gets busy this time of the year. Need to get my reloading done for our upcoming prairie dawg shoot also. I did get the underground fence completed last weekend, the dog had that understood in 24 hours, I was amazed! I will leave the flags in another week or so for that visual reminder for him.
We’ve had great luck with our underground dog fence.

Sorry to pull things off topic, but I think this containment system will work well, I am running enough "power" to keep him about 4 feet from the wire and when he is in a vehicle, between the height and the mass of the vehicle itself, it doesn't trigger. I used 16 gauage wire, not the 20 or 22 gauge that came with the kit (Pet Safe). Finished the garden planting would like the wind to die-back to put down the Harness on the food plots. Looks like the lawn needs mowed and I have cases to trim...it doesn't stop!

Watching the US Farm report this morning, they are saying less than half of the spring wheat is planted...a recond for the time of the year, normally 83% is planted. In ND, maybe a million of corn and spring wheat (each) might go PP they are saying. Slow going for sure! Around here, practically everything (corn & beans) is in the ground now. Received .35" of rain the first part of last week, maybe enough to activate the pre-emergent herbicide I put over the food plots...not sure there is enough moisture to get them growing and keep growing at this point. The rains that came through last night missed us again.

Back