Possible Trespass Law Change

Lazy Ike

There is a bill before the legislature to treat all private lands as posted and permission needs to be received to hunt. Now if it is not posted, you can go ahead and hunt it. It appears to have some momentum because of the pipeline protesters.

most people don't mind asking, but finding the owner can be next to impossible.....that's one reason a lot of guys don't post........don't want to be bothered or live distant from their land. :(

most people don't mind asking, but finding the owner can be next to impossible.....that's one reason a lot of guys don't post........don't want to be bothered or live distant from their land. :(

The thing about the law is, you will lose access to some really great places that you used to hunt, that were never posted. Now, they probably will be.

That's exactly why I never ask for permission & just hunt public I'd hate some Joe blow stopping by to ask for permission every pheasant opener etc. I don't want to be bugged by some stranger so I don't go bug othes lol

I hunted ND never took advantage of the legal trespassing thing just felt so foreign... Also we always seen some standing crops on some part of the private land from how I read the rules I could not hunt it if crops were left standing...

I don't have any issue asking any land owner. I have yet to meet one that said they hate to be bothered by knowing I am on their land. People will just have to be smarter, and get plat books, and do some home work is all. No biggie. It is handy as is, but in reality, not that big of a deal. I feel you should have to ask to go on someone elses land anyway. Sort of the moral and ethical thing to do in my mind.

I don't have any issue asking any land owner. I have yet to meet one that said they hate to be bothered by knowing I am on their land. People will just have to be smarter, and get plat books, and do some home work is all. No biggie. It is handy as is, but in reality, not that big of a deal. I feel you should have to ask to go on someone elses land anyway. Sort of the moral and ethical thing to do in my mind.

Florida was the only spot I felt like I was intruding on the guy for asking if my dad fresh outta radiation could hunt the guy seemed annoyed...

I have seen signs by mailboxes in SD & MN that said no hunting don't bother asking I'm sure he did that to avoid guys asking all the time...

Some block management areas in MT u can hunt with out written permission others u need to stop & chat with land owners every guy is different I guess...

Florida was the only spot I felt like I was intruding on the guy for asking if my dad fresh outta radiation could hunt the guy seemed annoyed...

I have seen signs by mailboxes in SD & MN that said no hunting don't bother asking I'm sure he did that to avoid guys asking all the time...

Some block management areas in MT u can hunt with out written permission others u need to stop & chat with land owners every guy is different I guess...

WRONG. You need to fill out BM slip at a sign in box. Other BM require prior contacting the landowner.

WRONG. You need to fill out BM slip at a sign in box. Other BM require prior contacting the landowner.

Did I have to get my a** out of the car & go get written permission from a farmer/rancher at that sign in box??? Did not think so...

Other BM u can either call ahead or have to actually visit the farmer in person especially if he limits hunter numbers & then u get BM slip to sign...

Nit pick if u want u still just look like a douch to most others on the site...

Did I have to get my a** out of the car & go get written permission from a farmer/rancher at that sign in box??? Did not think so...

Other BM u can either call ahead or have to actually visit the farmer in person especially if he limits hunter numbers & then u get BM slip to sign...

Nit pick if u want u still just look like a douch to most others on the site...

Ahhh.....name calling, a true sign of intelligence.

THAT FROM YOU--OF ALL PEOPLE:eek:

Yes sir gotta call it like you see it...

Look at some of his ignorant past comments lately b4 u think I'm talking out if my butt...

nobody grows there own food or raise there meat or hunt for it etc. All public land in Montana over hunted & void of game... Hunting public land is only for guys with no other options & he hunts private to not run into them hunters... Guys like me...

I know u love paying to play & private lands so u guys are on same team but he seems kinda isolated & un familiar with other areas or states public land options & same goes for the grocery thing...

I am a landowner in North Dakota, I like the way it is. I don't find it that hard to Post my Land, and there has been land that I have hunted for 25 years that has never been posted. I would find it weird to have to ask permission now.

SM....is your last name Franken, first name Al? You offer good comedic relief. I know according to you, I am a 'douche", SM, what do you call a person who is either unable or unwilling to string two coherent sentences together, or one who talks about something he or she has very little knowledge about? Or, one who claims another said something that was in fact, never said? You really need to re-read things, if your able....

Last edited:
SM....is your last name Franken, first name Al? You offer good comedic relief. I know according to you, I am a 'douche", SM, what do you call a person who is either unable or unwilling to string two coherent sentences together, or one who talks about something he or she has very little knowledge about? Or, one who claims another said something that was in fact, never said? You really need to re-read things, if your able....

Kinda hard to deny what u post on here u already said nobody grow or harvest own food then say I never said that lol you I gurentee are smarter then myself but sound child like pointing out things not in the current conversation & not acknowledgeing your past comments...

Anybody can look up your past Post's I don't have to make things up about them or you...

You choose to live in MT I choose MN why so I don't have to live around people like yourself lol. Give me the public land hunter any day vs only pay to play or 100% private only guys ...

David0311

Yes sir gotta call it like you see it...

(Look at some of his ignorant past comments lately b4 u think I'm talking out if my butt...)

nobody grows there own food or raise there meat or hunt for it etc. All public land in Montana over hunted & void of game... Hunting public land is only for guys with no other options & he hunts private to not run into them hunters... Guys like me...

I know u love paying to play & private lands so u guys are on same team but he seems kinda isolated & un familiar with other areas or states public land options & same goes for the grocery thing...

1- Have never paid to hunt on private land--

2- However I do get paid to work my dogs/guide on private

3- I do a great deal of my hunting on public-even when I have private to hunt

4-- I don't believe I have ever said you were talking out you butt--

I do admit to--
(Wondering about the location of your head --based on many opinions you
have expressed on this forum:rolleyes:)

I don't mind asking, but it vpcan take half the day, and a half tank of gas, to find the guy.And then, he might say no!!! Bummer, when that happens.

Back