possession limit?

Bird Buster

Could not find it on the Kansas G&F website- what is the possession limit on pheasant, 12 or 16? Strange it showed a daily limit of 4 but not the possession limit. Thinking of planning a trip out there and wanted to clarify on this. Thanks in advance, BB

Off the top of my head I want to say that it's 16, but I could be wrong. I'll check when I get off work.

4 day limit for your possession limit I'm sure...."16" (and 1 under each hubcap)...:rolleyes:

Yep... 4 birds is your bag limit, 16 is your possession limit. It used to be in the regulations booklet, but I just looked at 2010's and didn't see it.

Directly from the Kansas Widlife Website. Hope it helps. Note the possesion limits during youth season.

115-25-1b. Pheasants; open seasons, bag limits, and possession limits. (a) The open season for the taking of cock pheasants shall be the first Saturday in November through January 31 of the following year. Effective on and after August 1, 2009, the open season for the taking of cock pheasants shall be the second Saturday in November through January 31 of the following year.
(b) The youth season for the taking of cock pheasants shall begin on the last Saturday in October and shall continue for two consecutive days, including the opening day. Only a person who is 16 years of age or younger and who is accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older may hunt during the youth season for the taking of cock pheasants. Effective on and after August 1, 2009, the youth season for the taking of cock pheasants shall begin on the first Saturday in November and shall continue for two consecutive days, including the opening day.
(c) The entire state shall be open for the taking of cock pheasants.
(d) (1) The daily bag limit during the open season for the taking of cock pheasants shall be four cock pheasants.
(2) The daily bag limit during the youth season for the taking of cock pheasants shall be two cock pheasants.
(e) (1) The possession limit during the open season for the taking of cock pheasants shall be 16 cock pheasants.
(2) The possession limit during the youth season for the taking of cock pheasants shall be four cock pheasants.
(f) This regulation shall be effective on and after August 1, 2008. (Authorized by K.S.A. 32-807; implementing K.S.A. 32-807 and K.S.A. 2007 Supp. 32-1002.)

No problem. Took me a bit to find it. You have to go in and put "Possesion Limits" in the search box and then some weird PDF files show up. I don't know why they just don't publish it in the regs manual. Saving money on ink maybe?

Back