Pheasants Forever Banquets

PairOfLabs

It will soon be Pheasants Forever Banquet time in the Colorado Front Range.

Colorado Springs starts on Feb. 28. See www.pikespeakpheasantsforever.org

Loveland is March 7. See www.NOCOPF.com

Denver is March 14. See www.MDPF.org Registration is now open on our website.

Lots of games, auctions, raffles, guns, hunting and fishing trips, youth games, family fun, great food and beverages. Plan to attend one or all of them. I worked the Denver banquet last year and attended the other two for fun.

Check out our websites.
Tom

hey tom good luck and have a great time. Bobby Hix is down here in arizona right know.:thumbsup:

Bob is the our mountain states regional PF rep and went to Arizona to try to get some more chapters started up. I've known Bob for about 15 years. We just finished the International Sports Exhibition trade show in Denver this past weekend. We talked to a lot of people that came by the booth about Pheasants Forever. The show had great attendance this year.
Tom

We are going to the Pikes Peak chapter, we may go to the Metro one....not sure yet....we always look forward to it...

Greg

Greg - I'll see you at the Pikes Peak banquet. I can't make the Metro one so Dave and I decided to come down to the springs.

I just registered for the Northern Co. banquet on 3/7 so I can have fun before working our Denver Banquet on 3/14. We've got about 20 various guns for the raffle games. Dale and Brenda Merritt from Bearpoint Kennels were kind enough to donate a yellow lab pup, with great pointing lab background. If you're looking for a pointing lab pup, this would be a great way to shortcut Bearpoint's normally very extended lead-times. You can make "call in" bids without being at the banquet. Check with Dale or Brenda at their Bearpoint website.

I hope you can make it to one of the banquets.
Tom

Chad, how was the NoCo PF banquet? Would of loved to join the fun this year. Made the choice of putting in for the darn moose tag I will never draw...;) I am sure PF did well as usual up here.

Hi Chad,

The banquet was great. We had over 400 people and gave away over 30 firearms! As always the food was delicious and the beer was flowing. I can't wait to put the money raised to work, impacting both habitat and youth.

Good luck on the moose tag; I put in for mine this past weekend.

Hi Chad,

The banquet was great. We had over 400 people and gave away over 30 firearms! As always the food was delicious and the beer was flowing. I can't wait to put the money raised to work, impacting both habitat and youth.

Good luck on the moose tag; I put in for mine this past weekend.

You all do a great job. Better than most banquets I have been to. What did NOCO end up netting after all said and done? The womens and youth hunting programs NOCO puts on really makes NOCO shine!!:cheers: What unit did you throw in for for moose? I always throw in for 7,8,191 although it is less than 1% chance and gets lower every year. Some units are better than 1%. I have some pinned down, but they will probably die of old age before I ever get a tag!! Good luck!!

Bleu,
Your odds have gotten better in the past few years, my hunting buddy passed 3 years ago, he and I put in for 12 years for moose in that same area. After he was gone I quit applying also so there are two less applications....LOL ... too old to go by myself and I lost the points. The banquet was better than last year and we missed you!
Fred

Hi Chad,

I put in for unit 17. I know the unit well, and feel I stand a decent chance if I could ever draw a tag.

I haven't had any luck with my Elk tags, let alone Moose. Have you guys ever seen a Moose when you were out hunting/scouting for something else?

Fred, for every couple that drop out or put in for a different area, hundreds become eligable. People get to join the party once the hit the 3 points. At least 2 out of the 5 tags a couple years ago were had with 3-0 and 3-1 points. When they issue you a random number it better be low or your weighted points don't help.

Chad, good luck with your 17 unit. I do not know it well.

Curious, I was muzzy hunting elk a few years ago and all I saw or ran into was Moose. I knew the elk were there, but when you bump a moose in the timber, it is like a bull in the china shop and it scares everything around for a half mile!!! Lots of Moose in the unit I like, with 7 bull tags between 3 units given out. but there are some nice bulls with that small amount of pressure. You would be lucky to run into another bull hunter. I went up scouting for grouse and saw 1 grouse and 3 bulls and a cow moose in the same area. I go fishing up there and see about 5 on average and I am not covering much ground.:cheers:

I haven't had any luck with my Elk tags, let alone Moose. Have you guys ever seen a Moose when you were out hunting/scouting for something else?

Yes I see moose all of the time in Colorado. And not just in unit 17. My parents have a place in 17 or I wouldn't be so committed to the unit. Sometimes I think it's actually a hindrance as it doesn't have nearly as many tags as some units and a higher number of applicants. Go figure.

Back