Pheasant Hunting Lodges

Lazer-UPH

UPH Guru
Question for the masses, doing some research for clients here at 3plains and was wondering what the public looks for when wanting to go book an upland hunt.

Do you look at the region? Meaning what state - how important is that with you? Is it South Dakota, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska?

When arriving at a website for an outfitter, what information do you search for first? The lodge? The pricing? The habitat in the field? What activities you can do after the hunt? What is included with the hunt?

What sells you on booking with an outfitter? What makes you pick up the phone? Is it getting to know the outfitter more? Is it a promotional item?

Do you guys want to be able to take your dogs?

Is it a bonus to be able to go Quail hunting with your Pheasant hunt?

Wild birds, pricing and good fields is most important for me. A clean room or house but that is the least of my concern. I'm there to hunt and see pheasants. I'll pay for a good outfitter as long as the price per gun is competitive.

In addition to what Hockeybob said, I would ask what is included or not, such as a guide & dog if you don't have your own, and meals. If meals are not included ask if decent restaurants or diners are close by or not.

I chose Antler Ridge because the website was done well, showed what was offered for housing, hunting and when I called they were friendly and took their time answering my question. Big plus was they returned my email and calls, some of these lodges don't return your emails or calls and it they wont when you are trying to find out about them, spend your hard earned money and time then I move on.

David0311

I chose Antler Ridge because the website was done well, showed what was offered for housing, hunting and when I called they were friendly and took their time answering my question. Big plus was they returned my email and calls, some of these lodges don't return your emails or calls and it they wont when you are trying to find out about them, spend your hard earned money and time then I move on.

Great choice--:cheers:

You weren't< by chance guided by a old guy with two pretty yellow labs girls were you?/

Are you back this year?

For "Me" I want
WILD birds - (I do check on nose holes)
Clean house
Dogs that are house dogs allowed in house (with deposit )
Decent kitchen to cook meals, decent cafe close to eat meals
Plenty of GOOD hunting land
Farmer that farms for pheasants- plenty of grass land for nesting(CRP) food plots, sloughs,shelter belts, ect.
No guide- good maps ,tour (good directions to hunting grounds)
Decent cleaning area
Freezer for birds
NOT OVER HUNTED- rest time between groups of hunters
WILD birds
NICE WEATHER - hehehe
(sounds like U-Guide )- yes I do hunt U-Guide camps it is what works for me

For "Me" I want
WILD birds - (I do check on nose holes)
Clean house
Dogs that are house dogs allowed in house (with deposit )
Decent kitchen to cook meals, decent cafe close to eat meals
Plenty of GOOD hunting land
Farmer that farms for pheasants- plenty of grass land for nesting(CRP) food plots, sloughs,shelter belts, ect.
No guide- good maps ,tour (good directions to hunting grounds)
Decent cleaning area
Freezer for birds
NOT OVER HUNTED- rest time between groups of hunters
WILD birds
NICE WEATHER - hehehe
(sounds like U-Guide )- yes I do hunt U-Guide camps it is what works for me
Yes sir. Sounds like Ugiude pheasant camp 4th week of the season. I'm having a hard time keeping calm.:cheers:

I also look for group size. I can't stand getting piled into a line of 10-12 shooters and every bird that gets up gets shot at by four or five guys. I don't much care for marching along in line for half a mile of endless fields.
Look for smaller groups and terrain with shelter belts and heavier, broken cover.

Back