Pheasant hunting in Oklahoma

taz_gerstman

Good morning everyone. I am new to the Pheasant hunting world but my father in law and I will be heading to the panhandle of Oklahoma this December to hunt. I wanted to take him to south Dakota but I just used up a good portion of vacation time for an elk hunt in New Mexico. South Dakota is about 19 hours from where we live and Oklahoma is a one day drive easy. We will be using a guide service while out there. I have already obtained all the details but I was wondering if anyone on here has hunted in OK before and would let me know about what to expect. Thanks

The same El Nina spring and early summer rains that dropped water over S. W. Kansas and the Texas Panhandle could not have missed the Oklahoma Panhandle.

That abundant moisture produced great vegetation more nesting cover and a lot of fat insects.

Liberal, Kansas ( good healthy wild pheasant country) is only two miles from the Oklahoma Panhandle's border.

South of the Oklahoma Panhandle is the Texas Panhandle, in town like Dumas and Spearman report that they are seeing pheasants but suspect the with all the cover there are more pheasants in the cover that not are seen.

I would guess that the Oklahoma Panhandle wild pheasant population should have the same increase in wild pheasants (this year ) as S. W. Kansas.

CVO Hunts Outfitters

has anyone every heard of an outfitter in the Elkhart Kansas area called CVO hunts? Cimarron Valley Outfitter. If so please let me know what you think about them or have heard. Thanks

Back