Pheasant/Grouse

parooster

We had a great hunt today. Four of us took off to do some pheasant and deer scouting. We weren't expecting much but boy were we surprised, we hunted a State Game Lands north of our new camp. My buddy's Britt got birdie almost as soon as he got out of the truck. In a short while we tagged a big long tailed rooster. About an hour later we flushed 3 more birds and were able to take two of them. We then started to work a power line to look for deer sign and the Britt goes on point! My buddy's dad dropped a real nice grouse! What a great day!

We had a great hunt today. Four of us took off to do some pheasant and deer scouting. We weren't expecting much but boy were we surprised, we hunted a State Game Lands north of our new camp. My buddy's Britt got birdie almost as soon as he got out of the truck. In a short while we tagged a big long tailed rooster. About an hour later we flushed 3 more birds and were able to take two of them. We then started to work a power line to look for deer sign and the Britt goes on point! My buddy's dad dropped a real nice grouse! What a great day!

That is a nice hunt! :thumbsup: It's been a while since I've taken pheasant and grouse on the same hunt. But I'm not surprised, I know the area you are talking about and can see it happening. It's a decent grouse area and now the State has been releasing a good amount of pheasants. WTG!

Back