PF picked up a photo

Lazer-UPH

UPH Guru
I got a new camera the other day, some of you may have seen this on PF's social media accounts, but thought I would share the photo. Its always a challenge shooting pheasants in the wild as you have to be quick on the trigger in more ways than one. But here is the latest of many photos I am sure you will see.

Lazer

10527441_10153077218446030_2727567955896682171_n.jpg

super photo!

I echo the question what kind of camera? I'm guessing an SLR?

What lens and photo settings? I always have attempted to get photos like that but they never turn out.

Last year I missed 3 birds that were at least that easy that I can still remember and even have had nightmares about. The nightmares usually end with my dog walking back to the truck saying, I'm done hunting with you today.

Which camera did you pick up?

Cannon 7d - Shot with a Tamron 200mm lens.

It was about the best I could do in a crop focus lens in the Cannon line. New body and chasis. I was looking for speed with a higher MPX. At the moment just could not justify going full frame focus because of the re-investment cost on the lens side.

So far so good. The real test will be down in Arizona.

Very nice photos Ryan. You're timing on that last shot was perfect. That's a spit-second shot right there;)

Nick

Awesome photos. Very jealous. I just realized how much fun finding that great shot and shooting can be this year.

Back