perkins county info?

esetter

Hey all , I have been planning and discussing a trip to wyoming with a few guys on here. I plan on hunting sage and blue grouse in wyo then leaving there and meeting some friends in central north dakota to hunt sharpies and ducks. Anyhow , the route i will be taking will be through north west sd. Is there any good walk in access and good sharpie or hun hunting in that area? Thanks!

Have hunted that area for antelope and some bird hunting to----lots of sharpies and some huns--try wsw of the Grand River up stream from Shadehill lake.

Lots and lots of land -----bring your walking shoes LOL :thumbsup:

Order a Grand River National Grasslands Map and be prepared its pretty remote country.

Cool , sounds like a good spot to hit if i get a chance on my way through. Is there any special license needed to hunt there? Thanks man!

no all the national grasslands are open to everybody to hunt... same with national forest... national parks are another story...

if you get the chance do PM us the results lol that area is get n to popular lol

get any speed goats up there jim???

Hunt

no all the national grasslands are open to everybody to hunt... same with national forest... national parks are another story...

if you get the chance do PM us the results lol that area is get n to popular lol

get any speed goats up there jim???

Last time I got into that area for antelope it was a complete bust--the GF&P really botched it that year--now the time before you had to keep your eyes open so you didn't get run over by the goats. Weather plays the last hand up there and some winters really kill the numbers--it's been about 6 yrs since that bust year so could be really good again--don't really know as I've kinda given up on big game hunting.;)

same here jim i didnt even deer hunt last season the first time in like 18+ years got a new hunting dog & got to make a hunter out of her 1st then i can sit & wait for a deer to stroll by...

i like to have a hand in my hunt other then just sit & wait... maybe i just like walking around??? i always got more deer up north still hunting around the woods any way plus i pack my 20 ga single shot & pop the grouse that just stand there & look at me creeping around the woods...

someday ill deer hunt again love to eat venison thow!!! my dad gets a deer behind the house with a cross bow yearly so we still get some venison each year...

Just got a goat report for nw SD from landowner. Not much around. they just have not rebuilt their numbers yet.

I hunt the Shadehill area a lot. Fair to good, depending on cover. It is a little difficult to go out there the first time as the spots are a long ways from one another. I have about 7 in 400 square miles tho I chase pheasants more than grouse. I have built my itineary over 30 years out there. Will be there first two weeks of Nov. this year.

Back