PairOfLabs is once more

PairOfLabs

Cody was half of my PairOfLabs handle when I signed up for this forum some years ago and I posted pics of him at times. We had to put my 14.5 yr old buddy down in August and went through some tough times as we all do. My wife and I pretty quickly decided to start the searching process for another puppy-both to help fill a void in our hearts and to give 2.5 yr old Parker another buddy.

After many phone calls and internet searching we placed a deposit for an upcoming litter with Kevin and Barb of KB Kennels near Ft. Collins, CO. Kevin is Keskam on this forum. Once the litter was born we made several trips up there from Denver to check out the pups, made our pick in late December before heading out of town, and then took possession on Dec. 28 after we got back into town.

Allow me to introduce Parker's little buddy Brady with a couple of pics. Both Parker and Brady have great pointing lab backgrounds and I look forward to really get going with Brady's training now that the weather is starting to shape up. The attached pics show Brady at 8 weeks and 17 weeks next to 90 lb Parker-a "high ground clearance" lab. Sorry about the "white-eye" photo. Parker has been very tolerant of his new buddy, despite being a 24/7 chew toy for Brady.

Tom

Tom,

Nothing like a new puppy to help ease your pain of a loss and channel your energy! I have decided that I too will replace my Ruby. I have one of her daughters and I am planning on keeping a pup out of the litter I will have this summer. I didn't want to at first, but my wife convinced me I needed to do that. She is a good woman allowing me to have two golden's in the house all the time. Thanks for the kind words you wrote in my post about losing my best hunting partner.

Parker appears to be VERY happy with his pup. :thumbsup:
Ya'll did good, keeper pup for sure. ! :cheers::cheers:
Keep us posted on how all is progressing.

Man he is going to look like his daddy!

No his Daddy is out of Tiger Mountain named Teddy.

Little Brady passed his first major swimming test last weekend at Cherry Creek Reservoir. He had a brief earlier episode when he followed Parker into a mud puddle that proved to be over Brady's head. At the lake I sent Parker out on a long bumper retrieve, then pitched a shorter one for Brady. Run, splash, swim, retrieve-no fear and no problems. We followed that up with a half dozen more retrieves. Unlike some first swim episodes I've seen where the dog sort of swims vertical, Brady just planed right out like a pro.

Back