Opening Weekend - -

Lazer-UPH

UPH Guru
Took a moment to post a few photos and write up from the opportunity to chase some birds on Saturday. I was surprised at the amount of birds we saw on public land and in Minnesota. Lots of fun and got to spend some time with some great guys!

Here is the link to the blog:

http://www.3plains.com/blog/mn-pheasant-hunting-opener-2014/

minnesota-pheasant-hunting-website.jpg

Lazer

That was a great first field! All in all we really only missed 2 birds, and yes they were gimmies but who doesn't have a couple of those every season especially opening day! I'll take credit for the one I missed at the end of the trees, just didn't keep my head down! Thanks for coming out, was great to see ya Derek!

That was a great first field! All in all we really only missed 2 birds, and yes they were gimmies but who doesn't have a couple of those every season especially opening day! I'll take credit for the one I missed at the end of the trees, just didn't keep my head down! Thanks for coming out, was great to see ya Derek!

I expect better from you Mike!:( Scott is to blame as well.;) Thanks for taking some great pics Derek. Let me know when you want to get out again.

Very good blog post. I spend Sat. at Traxler's for my work's annual pheasant hunt. It was a good tune up for chasing wild birds on Sunday with 2 of my friends. I was surprised to only see one other hunter the entire day on the 4 different spots we hunted. We managed to harvest 4 roosters, seeing 6. Overall we saw 14 pheasants (6 roosters and 8 hens), great to see that many wild birds.

Back