Opening day(s)

Citori16

Pheasant and waterfowl opens in the morning on the Fort Hall reservation Biologist says there are good # of wild birds plus they release pen raised so should be a good workout for the pup then chase sharpies for a-couple of days before heading up to North Idaho for pheasants and quail on a 4 day hunt and then back home for the East Idaho pheasant opener/ have seen some birds while driving around so hopefully a good local season
Will see who runs out of steam 1st…. The pup or me!!

Pheasant and waterfowl opens in the morning on the Fort Hall reservation Biologist says there are good # of wild birds plus they release pen raised so should be a good workout for the pup then chase sharpies for a-couple of days before heading up to North Idaho for pheasants and quail on a 4 day hunt and then back home for the East Idaho pheasant opener/ have seen some birds while driving around so hopefully a good local season
Will see who runs out of steam 1st…. The pup or me!!
Hopefully these pen raised birds are not breeding with wild birds!

Hopefully these pen raised birds are not breeding with wild birds!
Most don’t last a week. What hunters don’t get predators do
More hunters yesterday than released birds so I went looking for wild birds. Pleasantly surprised- flushed ; 4 clutches of very young birds with 6-8 each. Shot one rooster out of the 1st bunch that cackled on the flush. Wished I hadn’t shot him Very little color. On the plus side Clancy made a good blind retrieve over water and solid points on the other 3 clutches

Most don’t last a week. What hunters don’t get predators do
More hunters yesterday than released birds so I went looking for wild birds. Pleasantly surprised- flushed ; 4 clutches of very young birds with 6-8 each. Shot one rooster out of the 1st bunch that cackled on the flush. Wished I hadn’t shot him Very little color. On the plus side Clancy made a good blind retrieve over water and solid points on the other 3 clutches
I guess pheasant is open in mt.

Back