Okie's find birds

edhammo59

We arrived in Kansas yesterday and by the time we got situated got out for some late afternoon scouting and to let the dlbs stretch their legs. First place we decided to stop a big covey erupts from the ditch before we could get out. We got out and only saw 1 single as the others must have flew on private ground. Scouted some more and had a big covey cross the road in front of us. Couldn't do anything with them but you can bet we'll be back there today. No pheasants but plenty of quail. I'll take that any day?

Good for you! Keep us posted!!

The white stuff that may start falling tomorrow morning is called, "snow". Its not all that scary and it tends to increase hunter effectiveness:D

Seriously, best of luck on your trip!!

Don't let the white stuff scare you off. Also give those quail plenty of time to covey back up before dark with this cold weather.

Went out to some private ground last Monday to run a pointer and she found 3 phez and 1 nice covey of quail. love having wild birds close to me again for dog work. Hadn't seen birds on this property for quite some time. If we can get a few more good springs we might be back in business!

Good luck on your hunt!

Yesterday was a tough day for us. Lots of ground covered and no phez. Did get into 1 more covey of quail but that's it. That white stuff was already coming down at 4:30 this morning when I went out to feed my gsp. He wanted back in the crate pretty quick. I think we're going a little farther east today. Good luck to all out this weekend.

Back