OK...I'm out of Sneak Money

JMc

Super Moderator
This just showed up at my door...:D
Pics1006.jpg

Nope...and yes...Let me explain. I sold a Remington 11-87 and bought the M1 even money; Traded an old Citori even up for the Monte; so not out any $$$, until I walked into a buddies pawn shop and picked up this little jewel. So actually, I have only bought one gun. Besides that, I have three boys, so now they're all in the will with a Benelli.:D I am looking to possibly trade the 12 Monte for a 20 so who knows. I had been trying to dump the Rem and Citori for years as they both had english stocks and I flat could not shoot them. My goal was to get better trade stock. Then I shot them and bingo bango...became a Benelli fan. Obviously I have a heck of a wife :p

Nope...and yes...Let me explain. I sold a Remington 11-87 and bought the M1 even money; Traded an old Citori even up for the Monte; so not out any $$$, until I walked into a buddies pawn shop and picked up this little jewel. So actually, I have only bought one gun. Besides that, I have three boys, so now they're all in the will with a Benelli.:D I am looking to possibly trade the 12 Monte for a 20 so who knows. I had been trying to dump the Rem and Citori for years as they both had english stocks and I flat could not shoot them. My goal was to get better trade stock. Then I shot them and bingo bango...became a Benelli fan. Obviously I have a heck of a wife :p

They might start calling you "Benelli Banger II" if you don't watch out. Nice looking gun.

Jim how could you do that to me? I made a mental note that you had a 11-87 Special Field so I could buy it from you when mine wore out. Now what am I going to do. :mad:

Speaking of Benelli Banger, where is he at?

Mike

No problem on the 11-87...my brother bought it and can't shoot it either; so it might be up for grabs again. Just an FYI, between my dad, brother, and I, we have a small arsenal, so there is no telling what goes on the block next in my family.

Jim,

Looks like you have plenty of backup, just in case your primary gun(s) fails. Nice gun, BTW.:10sign:

Hey Maynard...My boys and I will be in Hanston Nov. 18-22. I'll give you a shout.

Sounds good. Heard there was a big whitetail taken up that way the other day--that will leave more grain for the pheasants and quail.

They might start calling you "Benelli Banger II" if you don't watch out. Nice looking gun.

I might be willing to give up my current "handle"...I have been shooting my Fausti 20 gauge s x s this fall...enjoying it immensely! And, I am heading to SD on Friday by way of the Cabela's gun library in Rogers, Mn so I can examine an Ugartechea 16 ga S x S that I had shipped from their store in West Virginia...I think it may be in my possession when I cross the SD border! Looks like a nice version of the model 30...looks very clean, wood looks nice...and, I happen to have a $100 off coupon that expires on 10/18...I can get into that gun for $900, maybe less...I may be going by "Two Banger" pretty soon!!!!

Good luck on the "hopefully" new purchase. It is true; I have gone from no Benelli's to three in a matter of weeks. As for now I'm through, unless I can find a slick 20 ga in any model. $900-$100 coupon sounds like a sweet deal on the Ute...Let us know how it shoots :thumbsup:

Banger, we need to get you to the nearest "critical care" clinic ASAP and get you checked out. ha ha Hope you enjoy your new toy !!!

Good luck on the "hopefully" new purchase. It is true; I have gone from no Benelli's to three in a matter of weeks. As for now I'm through, unless I can find a slick 20 ga in any model. $900-$100 coupon sounds like a sweet deal on the Ute...Let us know how it shoots :thumbsup:

If you make it to SD this fall, let me know, I have a Montefeltro 20 gauge that I bought brand new back in about 1995 that has seen minimal use...great gun, I just shoot my Montefeltro 12 gauge most of the time when I am not shooting one of my doubles, which, I have really fallen in love with over the past few years. I won a beretta a391 20 gauge at an NRA banquet in about 2003 and it is very sweet, and I shoot it really well, but again, I rarely use it for hunting. I can't really justify buying the Uggie on Friday, so I thought about trading the Montefeltro 20 gauge, but I opted not to because I would get skinned up too much by Cabela's. I would sell the 20 if someone wanted it for a reasonable price...it does show a modest amount of wear, but you have to look pretty hard to find it. Very light gun, as you know.

I have gotten the bug for a 16 gauge and I know of a SxS that I would like to have, but need to liquidate a NIB Beretta 3901 12 gauge and NIB Benelli Nova 12 gauge.

Hope you get along better with Cabela's Gun Library than the jerk I got in Kansas City. Talk about an attitude. Pretty much soured me from doing business there for guns.

"Benelli in the will" Jim do you have any interest in adopting a dumb kid from MN:D
Beautifull gun

JMC, what do you want for the Montefeltro 20ga? I might be interested

Barrel length
choke tubes
pics

onpoint

Last edited:
Mine is a 12...I want to trade for a 20; However if it's a 12 you want, mine is LNIB. 59 rounds through it. 50 shooting clays and 6 killing/3 missing pheasants in KS...:D. 28" barrel.

Mine is a 12...I want to trade for a 20; However if it's a 12 you want, mine is LNIB. 59 rounds through it. 50 shooting clays and 6 killing/3 missing pheasants in KS...:D. 28" barrel.

I'd be all over that but I only buy guns that never miss, like me.

Quote JMC
"so I thought about trading the Montefeltro 20 gauge, but I opted not to because I would get skinned up too much by Cabela's. I would sell the 20 if someone wanted it for a reasonable price...it does show a modest amount of wear, but you have to look pretty hard to find it. Very light gun, as you know.

That's how I got the 20ga part

I guess you just got caught up the gun talk and said 20 and meant 12...it happens. Don't want a 12, would like a 20.

Be Cool

Back