Oh good God, PF

So I'm going to guess Steve Oehlenschlager (sic?) has had some images in the PF calendar, but with high quality pictures of pheasants that have been hatched on the prairie ground to hens that were born the same, why choose the image of a domestic pheasant? Makes no sense.

In fairness, I'm going to guess its some schmoe in the marketing department wouldn't know the difference, even with the blinders on.

So I'm going to guess Steve Oehlenschlager (sic?) has had some images in the PF calendar, but with high quality pictures of pheasants that have been hatched on the prairie ground to hens that were born the same, why choose the image of a domestic pheasant? Makes no sense.

In fairness, I'm going to guess its some schmoe in the marketing department wouldn't know the difference, even with the blinders on.
Steve's photos are amazing. And my post isn't meant to disparage the photos themselves, or the photographer. They're great pictures & I very much like the calendar. I'm just surprised to see flare nares in it, when PF's mission is to increase, improve, & maintain habitat for wild pheasants.

Wild or pen raised, they all need a home... I do enjoy their calendars, always hang that one!

Steve's photos are amazing. And my post isn't meant to disparage the photos themselves, or the photographer. They're great pictures & I very much like the calendar. I'm just surprised to see flare nares in it, when PF's mission is to increase, improve, & maintain habitat for wild pheasants.

I agree. There is no excuse for putting a domestic animal in their calendar.

Back