NW Wi early season hunts/weather

Deweybagger

How's everyone doing so far this season? Birds, elk hunts, bear???
Deer opener soon here in Wi, that helps pass the time.
Any good leads on the hot spots, big bucks??

We've only made it out once for geese up north, shot 4 and the new pup got some action on them big suckers in the field.

While I was bear hunting my son was pounding away at doves by our cabin, I'm on stand and it sounds like a small war in the field:D

Shot a real nice bear Friday night, seen a total of 7 bears in 3 days. Had one start to climb my tree the first day, thought I was going to have to fill my tag and my pants at the same time!

Wednesday we had a crazy storm up north, I was bear hunting when the hail hit. Golf ball-tennis ball size hail and I was stuck in my tree, hiding behind the trunk, busted my walkers game ears right off my head!
6"-7" of rain, when I got picked up the water standing in the fields/woods was up to the running boards on the 4 wheeler, my knee high rubber boots had water filled to the top from the rain running down me.
My truck looks like I parked it in a driving range, cabins siding is full of holes, gutters, roof are shot. Food plots leveled and under water.

Any body else have land or cabin by spooner wi area might want to check them out!

Congratulations on the bear, Dewey.

What a nightmare being out in one of those storms must have been. No place to run and no place to hide!

Maybe one of those two-bedroom custom tree-houses is not such a far-fetched idea after all. :)

Glad you're ok. Windshields make it through the hailstorm?

My windshield made it, I was parked with the back end of the truck facing the direction the storm came from and a little tighter to the cabin.
My brother in laws car was more away from the cabin and his is dented from bumper-bumper, his windshield did get busted up.

Nice head on that bear!

As if we haven't already had enough rain... here it comes again!

We only had marbled sized hail here in the Wausau area. Nothing that did any damage. However, we sprung a leak in the roof at home and I'm wondering if we didn't get larger hail there while at work. The shingles are only two years old.

Any reports of damage around the Chetek area from that storm? Havent been up to my cabin there in a few weeks and was wondering if that storm hit the area.

Any reports of damage around the Chetek area from that storm? Havent been up to my cabin there in a few weeks and was wondering if that storm hit the area.

I think Hayward got pounded, that must have been the path it took.
Think Luck-Hayward is the areas I heard about, I was told that there was reports of 10" of rain.
Farmers around our cabin Hertel/Spooner area said their rain gauges were overflowing.
I can't think of exactly where Chetek is so I can't help you.
My mom has a cabin in Webster and she said they got heavy rain but didn't see any hail damage.
Est. on my truck so far $5700.00
Brother in laws car close to $8000.00
Still working on the cabin.....
Alls I got on stand is broken Walkers game ears! LUCKY!!!!

Back