Not really hunting related but.........

duckn66

On the way home from the Strugis bike rally the wife and I rode 2 highway through the Sandhills back to Kansas. Probably the most beautiful ride we have ever been on! All the small lakes, endless rolling hills and very little traffic. It was a great place to clear the mind and also to let it wander.

Of course I am a huge fan of the prairies so someone else might have thought it to be boring but to us it was absolutely beautiful. Plenty of fuel and places to stop the entire way. Looking forward to doing this ride again.

Have been talking about hunting the hills for a couple of years and never guessed my first time seeing them would be on my motorcycle but it was well worth it!! Oh and friendly folks too. Every vehicle we passed (which was few) waved.

Hyannis is a wonderful little town by the way.

Hunted the Sandhills about 10 years ago for chickens and sharp tail .

You bet some of the nicest people I have met !!!

We didn't know we needed dog boots and went back to town to the hardware store in a small town the lady working there we had never met before offered us to use her husbands dog boots . Nice !!!

Slept on Main Street of Burwell Nebraska in the heat of the day , in the bed of our pick up under a shade tree . Nobody bothered at all .

I encourage you to go !!!!

Make sure you have good boots on yourself as well as your dog, sand burrs can be a real problem for your dogs. Also plenty of water. We always walked up the back side of the hills, seemed to work well. It is a good tune up for pheasant season. We hunted in the Halsey(sp) area.

Back