Not Many Hunters Left

westksbowhunter

I have not seen any hunters up here in the last week. We hunted Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Today. Birds are spotty right now. My son and I are averaging 3 roosters and 2 quail per day between us. We could probably do better but many of our good spots are not accessible do to the roads. I hope the rest of the winter stays mild then have a moist spring to help the birds bounce back. Oh where have the prairie chickens gone?

I will be in the "Promised Land" to chase roosters for nearly a week starting tomorrow. Just purchased my 2012 Kansas Non-resident License on-line. I will not be heading to the NW as to avoid the crowds in that area. I doubt if I will see another hunter where I will be hunting. No Maynard, I will not be hunting in downtown Kansas City, just in case you were wondering. Full report and video at eleven.

I have not seen any hunters up here in the last week. We hunted Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Today. Birds are spotty right now. My son and I are averaging 3 roosters and 2 quail per day between us. We could probably do better but many of our good spots are not accessible do to the roads. I hope the rest of the winter stays mild then have a moist spring to help the birds bounce back. Oh where have the prairie chickens gone?

Westksbowhunter, I would sure agree with you. Just a few of us seasoned professionals out there right now. Good luck.

Good Luck,look forward to your report.
We actually found a covey of quail today,nice size group of birds.
What a great day.:10sign:

The chatter on the board has really died off too.:(

Maynard, just checking to see if you ever got out of that mud puddle at the Ponderosa, it sounds like you did.

Still some snow on the ground here. The corrals are either frozen clumps or muck, depending on the time of day I feed. Glad to have some moisture and I hope it continues as there is a long way to go to put some moisture down in this ground, especially my high slope pastures.

Be out today to hunt in NW tomorrow and Saturday. Glad you're leaving some birds for the rest of us. ;)

Pheasants 1 Bilbo Baggins 0

Lots of good exercise today. No birds but enjoyed every minute in the great Kansas outdoors today.

Notn like a walk in the fresh air of Kansas, Me Myself and me dog going to try go out one more time this year also, maybe whe will see a tail or two. Dave

Back