North central Kansas

Well, as far as the reports from everyone and the state. I will testify for them and say they are pretty accurate at least here in north central Kansas. Where I have family ground. The quail are everywhere..the pheasants are simply not there. The spots that are usually very good for pheasants..we’ve kicked up only quail. It’s great year for the quail hunter..but the theme this year is hunt for quail and take pheasants as they come. Good luck everyone!

thanks for the info. will be choking and loading for quail when hunting locally.

thanks for the info. will be choking and loading for quail when hunting locally.
after ten days beating the grass and sun flowers in nc kansas I too can testify that the quail have done well and the pheasants are very scarce. Using three good dogs we only managed to find on average one or two pheasants per day on wiha s.

after ten days beating the grass and sun flowers in nc kansas I too can testify that the quail have done well and the pheasants are very scarce. Using three good dogs we only managed to find on average one or two pheasants per day on wiha s.
Finally gave up and to get some experience for a young dog i went to Special T hunting east of Tipton Ks . This was the high point of my trip. Not like a shooting preserve at all ,but was like hunting in Ks years ago with plenty of birds. I used my own dog and hunted on my own for leftover birds that had escaped others . Mr Tonne and his staff are the greatest of people and not what you find at some put and take shooting operations. i highly reccomend this shooting preserve to anyone looking for a real hunting experience . The price varies as to what you desire but is much less expensive than most and is very reasonable.

Back