Nittany

bauerline

Today was the day I never wanted to come but I knew it would. I had to put Nittany down today and it is the first time I ever had to do that with a dog. It was a hard choice but the right one. He will be missed!

He changed my life forever. Without him I would never have gotten involved with PF and started up vet hunts and did some of the youth projects that we did. Thanks Nittany.

So sorry to hear this. Have enjoyed the stories and pics you have shared over the years of hunts with him. Keep those memories alive!!

Ah....man, I know all to well the pain you're family is going through right now.I feel like I kinda got to know Nittany on a personal level over these last years. It's not only the loss of a great friend but the time they spent with us can never be regained, your boys grew up with Nittany. My friend I wish there were words that could ease your pain, but the fact is, there just isn't. I have often said that if I get a chance to ask the man upstairs a question, one of the first is going to be, why did he give something we love so much such a short life span! My prayers are with you and your family. God speed Nittany!

So sorry for your loss, we all loved reading about and seeing pics of Nittany's hunts.

As soon as I saw the title of the thread I knew it wasn't good. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. He will have a lasting impact on all of you that will live on.

Thanks for the comments. He made a difference in our family's life and others too. I don't even know how many kids and veterans took birds over him and many of those birds were the first for those hunters. He will be missed.

Thanks for the comments. He made a difference in our family's life and others too. I don't even know how many kids and veterans took birds over him and many of those birds were the first for those hunters. He will be missed.

It's hard to explain to a non-owner of dogs,but our hunting companions become not merely part of our lives, but part of us, and who we are.

My condolences.

So sorry to hear this. Have enjoyed the stories and pics you have shared over the years of hunts with him. Keep those memories alive!!

I have to agree with him. I too thoroughly enjoyed following yenz. I am sure the void is heavy at the moment, remember the good times and forget the bad.

I have to agree with him. I too thoroughly enjoyed following yenz. I am sure the void is heavy at the moment, remember the good times and forget the bad.

Thanks. I'm glad people were able to get some enjoyment from our hunts. I always liked seeing the pictures from others as well.

It makes me happy to know that Nittany was still able to hunt in his final season although they were short outings. The last bird he retrieved was on the land that is close to home and I visit often.

How lucky you two were to be put together and the time you had together so sorry for your loss it's never easy.

Thanks for the comments. It was not easy but we did what was best.

On a more pleasant note, I happen to find out about a very good breeding and I am looking at maybe getting a pup from this breeding. I knew when I lost Nittany that I would soon need to find a dog to add to the lineup since Blitz just turned nine. I wasn't really looking to get a pup yet but the breeding I came across is just what I would look for. It shares many of the bloodlines that Champ has. I'll keep you posted.

Good for you Bauerline. The new pup will not replace Nittany, but will keep your mind occupied well you make new memories. There is not a better feeling than seeing a new pup respond positively to training. I don't don't want to jump your thread, but it appears I too am going to have to look for a new pup. I recently unexpectedly lost Cookie. Words can't explain the joy she gave the entire family the last three years. I would of never found this sight, nor made a trip to SD. If you don't mind would you PM me the breeder, I might be interested in a pup. Thank You

Back