Newbie from WI

Phezhtr

Hello to ALL!
Scrolling through pheasant hunting on the web and came across this site. Looking through all treads looks to be an awesome site. Little overview of myself. Started upland hunting approx. 12 years ago when I purchased my 1st Top Gun Gsp. Now I have 2 Top Gun gsps and and Cooperstown fox red lab. Could not have asked for 3 better dogs. Last year we harvested 456 birds. Little slower this year due to some life's changes. I am a member at a local hunt club and also hunt every year in SD.

Cheers!!

Outstanding.. I am located in New Berlin. Are you a member of a hunt club. I am a member @ Wern Valley in Waukesha.

Never hunted South Dakota but going in another week. Can you give a few tips on what kind of cover to hunt and when? I'm not sure of the landscape and cover South Dakota has.

Sorry for the delay. A lot of what we hunt is switch grass and slews when frozen. We go in December when there is typically snow and slews are frozen. Early season is a little tougher being if the corn and soy beans are not cut and the birds are more spread out. Do not be afraid to hunt fence rows , shelter belts or anything that you would not think would hold birds. Where are you heading to?

Back