New to the forum

Drake1

New to the forum but have followed this board for a couple of years. I will be heading out for my annual turkey hunt west River in a couple of weeks and will be traveling through the kimball/platte area to check on things.

I purchased land a couple of years back and I am adding a new shelter belt to the property (excited to start this habitat project). Will share how things look when I get back.

Welcome to the forum Drake. Lots of good guys here that share the love of Mr. Ringneck.

I am also putting in a new tree line this year(8 rows 1100ft long), are you having the conservation district do the planting?

Ford, yes the conservation district is doing the planting. We are only doing 5 rows. The project is self funded so we wanted to save some$$$

Thanks SDJIM,

We will be planting eastern cedar trees. I was thinking of adding a different shrub to add some diversity (8 row planting) but from what I have seen from other shelterbelts in close proximity they don't seem to grow all that well. Again, this is self funded and I wanted to get the biggest bang for my dollars.

Back