New to the forum from Ohio

Poyntem

Hello, I stumbled upon the site as I was looking for release dates in Ohio. I must say this is great site for like minded bird hunters. I have read many forums, but never have joined one. I have hunted practically all of my life from the time I was 16 in the western part of PA, then we moved to SC where I hunted deer by day and coons by night. There I got into the coon dog industry if you will, and raised many redbone coon dogs and competed on the national level. Then God changed my direction in life and I dwindled out of the coon dog world. Recently we moved to Ohio and the bride God gave me bought me a GSP. I took on a new challenge and started training her and have had pretty good success so far,( although I don't have much to judge her by).
Recently I took her with us to WI, there I snuck away from my wife's family gathering and hunted the Badgerland Pheasant Preserve, What a great facility and even better people. The little girl pointed along side my brother in laws 9 yrold English pointer :) .
So that's me, hope to meet up with some of the other Ohio dogs and their faithful 2 legged companions along the way.

Last edited:
Welcome from a Buckeye. Great group of guys here. What part of the state are you in?

Matt D
I am in the Dayton/Springfield area. How about you.

Marion/Bucyrus here. Close to the best two preserves in the state IMO. Unfortunately the preserves and released birds are about the only game in town around here.

Marion/Bucyrus here. Close to the best two preserves in the state IMO. Unfortunately the preserves and released birds are about the only game in town around here.

Sweet how often do you get out? I work with a guy who hunts a preserve in Bucyrus. He speaks very highly of the dogs and facilities.

Sweet how often do you get out? I work with a guy who hunts a preserve in Bucyrus. He speaks very highly of the dogs and facilities.

Just depends but get out a fair amount to both of them. Know both the owners pretty well and both are good guys and put on as good a hunt as you are gonna get at a preserve IMO. Cover is very good and birds fly well.

Back