New Pup Choice

el_jefe_83

So after talking to a few breeders, reading every possible article online and being honest with myself, I've come to the conclusion that I want a GSP, but not now.

I have a large golden now and the family as a collective wants a small to medium sized dog. That way I dont have to get a bigger vehicle to take both dogs and kids when we go somewhere. So until we buy property and a bigger house I'm going to get a smaller dog that will still be a good hunter.

I have a 2 year old daughter now and now and another due in December. So my thoughts are I dont want a dog that will bark a lot in the house and wake the baby, making mama unhappy.

I've decided to get a Brittany. Pretty Excited about it!

Last edited:
Youre sold on a pointy dog? Probably a good choice. You ought to take a hard look at Goldenboys upcoming litter. Smaller goldens. If I was in the market....

Small, good hunter, good family dog... Sounds like you want a spaniel (springer or cocker)!!!! Buuut if you're sold on a pointer, why not a Brittany?

Boykin or Springer but breed really has nothing to do with a dog barking in the house. That is all on the owner. The best female lab I ever owned weighed 52 lbs so labs can be had that are smaller. My current female weighs only 55. If I ever have anything different than a Labrador I would like to own a boykin.

Small, good family dog and a pointer......you must be talking about a Small Munsterlander! LMAO. Can retriever your ducks and blood track your deer too.:p:)

Having a blast with my brittany. He's 20 months. Had an awesome first hunting season. Great with the kids. 42 pounds. Rarely hear a sound out of him. I only upland hunt, quail mostly, so he's perfect.
Good luck.

Having a blast with my brittany. He's 20 months. Had an awesome first hunting season. Great with the kids. 42 pounds. Rarely hear a sound out of him. I only upland hunt, quail mostly, so he's perfect.
Good luck.

Glad to hear it!!! I'll admit I was a little conflicted last night but a Britt will be a good family dog. This one I'm in line to get should be no more than 35 pounds. Hopefully I'll get lucky and she'll love to retrieve too. She'll go through formal training for sure.

Back