New Member from MI

tomfive5

Hello All,

I am a passionate upland hunter from Michigan, my favorite thing to do is to chase roosters on MI public land. The birds are few and far between in Michigan but my dog(indy) and I still manage to get on them and have moderate success. Pheasant hunting is never far from my mind, and I find myself daydreaming about it almost everyday.
I am looking forward to my first public land trip to South Dakota this fall. Will be just My Dad, my dog and myself (Any tips are welcome!!!)

Below is Indy after bagging our daily limit on a hunt last December (one public rooster, one private)
And the second picture is my 2yo daughter holding up a rooster I got on some public ground, doing all I can to make sure my 2 kids grow up to love upland hunting!

Happy Hunting to all for the 2022 season!
12142020_2.jpg95FFA434-8024-446D-8ACA-5738E6E59110.jpg

Where are you at in Michigan Tomfive5? I'm a "Michigan refugee" now living in Southern Nevada by way of 15 years in Idaho and a couple years back in Michigan 2020/21 (huge move mistake)

Welcome. I was from the Grand Rapids area and my family still lives there. We used to hunt Pat's up in the White Cloud area with good success, many years ago.

Where are you at in Michigan Tomfive5? I'm a "Michigan refugee" now living in Southern Nevada by way of 15 years in Idaho and a couple years back in Michigan 2020/21 (huge move mistake)
I live in Northern Metro Detroit, not ideal for a outdoorsmen but its where the work is. I can still be on pheasants or grouse in 2 hours from my house, so I wont complain too much.

Moving around Michigan with my job, I hunted Mid-Michigan and some of the East side 'Thumb' takes a little scouting but there are lands and birds in your area. Have a good season.

welcome aboard! Southern WI is much the same chasing wild roosters on public land. They are out there, few and far between, but when you bag one its a hard earned trophy! Still beats released or preserve birds. Good luck this season!

Hi Tom, I am a new member from the Detroit area as well! Your dog Indy looks beautiful, where is he from? Really reminds me of my lab.

Attachments

• BA9F8F92-FCEC-481F-AB53-E27500304741.jpeg
    BA9F8F92-FCEC-481F-AB53-E27500304741.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
Back