New license system on SD GFP

Why would they change anything with the site during season?

I tried that also.
It says an account cannot be found with the user ID.

I couldn't set up a new password.

I had to set up a new password but then it linked to my current account so I could view my license dates.
I went through the same process...new password et al - apparently an overhaul of their site...bad timing!

Clearly some retailing consultant was hired…making it much easier to bundle more licenses simultaneously, to contribute to their charitable arm, and to auto-renew various licenses, stamps, etc., at some future date. I evidently signed up for auto-renew for the MN sharptail grouse society…pisses me off every February…nobody returns my calls or emails…hope the birds get something out of my $100! This $hit pisses me off. No surprise, SD GFP is focused on different things nowadays…😫

The app was updated, too. Took away the sunrise/sunset times from the home page, but did add a calendar, so that's a wash. Looks nicer, but I don't camp or need anything other than my hunting license.

I don't use the email account I created my SDGFP log in with. This should be fun. Thanks, Obama.

Thanks for the post on this guys, my son and I need to buy our licenses and usually wait until the day before we leave. That would have been Sunday this year, not good, with no ability to call SDFG CS (605 223 7660)

I too tried logging in, and no go. So I called SDFG - Not sure I would have ever figured this out, but took some notes to share;

1) When you enter your email address, do not put in your old password. Instead, click on the Sign up now link, below the Dark blue sign in button.

2) Click for a verification code before starting to enter any other info;

3) paste or type in your verification code, at which point you will need to enter in a new password. Complete the other information requested, and you should be able to log in now. All of your existing information should appear, address, DL, customer ID, etc.

They must be getting swamped with calls: they were very helpful. Thanks again for the heads up!

Thanks for the post on this guys, my son and I need to buy our licenses and usually wait until the day before we leave. That would have been Sunday this year, not good, with no ability to call SDFG CS (605 223 7660)

I too tried logging in, and no go. So I called SDFG - Not sure I would have ever figured this out, but took some notes to share;

1) When you enter your email address, do not put in your old password. Instead, click on the Sign up now link, below the Dark blue sign in button.

2) Click for a verification code before starting to enter any other info;

3) paste or type in your verification code, at which point you will need to enter in a new password. Complete the other information requested, and you should be able to log in now. All of your existing information should appear, address, DL, customer ID, etc.

They must be getting swamped with calls: they were very helpful. Thanks again for the heads up!

Thanks for the info. Now that I finally used your info to get logged in, it isn't so bad. I just don't get why they didn't put up a splash screen that shared the info you just did.

For those wondering, basically, you are creating a new account, but they are linking your old info via your name/DOB/last four SSN

I just don't get why they didn't put up a splash screen that shared the info you just did.
For the same reason they discontinued the brood count survey, didn't advertise which ground was mowed/grazed, etc.
The State of SD, particularly GF&P, tries to be as deceptive as possible. Obviously. :rolleyes:

Back