new in MN.

1creeper

I am new to pheasant hunting. i wanted to find something i could do with my sons. looking for more people with or without young kids to do the same with.

Welcome to MN!

Your post didn't indicate if your sons have been introduced to pheasant hunting nor their ages. I assume they have been through gun training and are certified.

There are several preserves in the eastern part of the twin cities that you might try as a family; these preserves may lead you to other families that have young hunters.

Good luck!

Welcome.
How old are the boys? do you have a dog?
I hunt with my 9 yr old daughter all the time lots of fun.

my boys are 13 and 10. my 13 yo son has had hunter safety, he has been shooting trap with me since he was 10. my other son will be taking his class this spring. i am looking for some reasonably price game farms to try. no dog

i am looking for some reasonably price game farms to try.

Good luck with that one:D Maybe the price will come down this fall compared to what they are now.

New to the board

There are a few "cheap" preserves if you know where to look. A lot of places also have dogs for you to use,some will charge you for the dog others won't

Last edited:
Welcome

I too will soon be working the fields and grouse tracks with my youngsters, 4 and 6. We are all in this together, so keep us posted on how you are doing. Sounds like a great start.

Back