New Hunting Partner

westksbowhunter

Got me a new hunting partner this weekend. A black female puppy from Blackjack Kennels. If you ever are in need of a new lab puppy, you should consider getting one from Blackjack Kennels. Very impressive they way they structure their breeding program. And you will not buy from someone who puts more care into their litters.

Too little information! Where are they out of? How do they structure their breedings? Pictures mandatory:) Take your hearing protection off and get to work!!! :)

Just looked them up. Some nice lines. Love "stones throw marions choice". A great producer. Also am crazy about candlewood dogs. If my pup doesn't come out of the mamma this weekend I'm going to be calling Candlewoods possibly.

Last edited:
She is out of one of their GMPR sires and a certified pointer dam. Heavy on Riks Risky Raider which I always look for in a hunting dog. My 7 year old black male is line bred on Riks Risky Raider.

I love the candlewood dogs too. My first lab was a yellow male out of Candlewoods Nifty Nick back in the early 80's.

Blackjack is in Chanute, KS. My dad, my b-i-l, and my uncle all have dogs from blackjack. I can't speak to the specific lineage of any of them, and have only hunted extensively over my dad's dog. That dog is decent, and I think the only thing holding the dog back is my dad. Specifically, I don't think he lets her perform to her full potential.

Regardless of her hunting abilities, Molly is a terrific house dog and companion dog.

Still waiting on photos....I am starting to doubt that this puppy even exists. Seriously, though I am already working on my wife to agree to purchase my son (3 months old) a puppy of his own (it won't be a lab - not my selected breed of dog) and I don't think that there's anything much cuter than lab puppies. So help me with a picture.

WKB, I can't post pics either! They should fix this. I could before the "upgrade". Lost it then. Photobucket is foreign to me. I'm on there, but I can't seem to get anything out of it.

Here you go:

cc19ed10-b4b7-492c-9cb8-51cdaca77b42_zpsb9b603b4.jpg

Last edited:
Back