New Harley

Dakotazeb

Here's what else you can do in the off-season. Take the wife shopping for a new Harley. We purchased a 2013 Road King 110th Anniversary Edition. I'll take some more pics of the bike with accessories when I can get it out in the sun.

2013RoadKing110thAnniversary_zpsa4fa9f3a.jpg

Now I have to sell my 2002 Road King Classic with only 8,693 miles. Anyone interested????

DSCF1096.jpg

Nothing but COOL! Zeb.:thumbsup:

The Bride got a road trip or 2 planned?:10sign:

Nice Looking Bike Zeb,

Looking forward to seeing more pic's of it in the sun.:thumbsup:

Only one extended trip planned so far. That's a trip around Wyoming, including Jackson, the Tetons, Yellowstone, Cody and the Beartooth Highway to Red Lodge, MT. We've done this ride before but have some friends that haven't so they want us to play guide for them. Already have to rooms booked in mid-July.

Aside from the age, what's better about the new bike?

Mileage, braking, suspension?

Be safe. Keep shiny side up.

Aside from the age, what's better about the new bike?

Mileage, braking, suspension?

Be safe. Keep shiny side up.

mileage should be better, larger engine (103") with more power, ABS brakes and improved suspension. Plus new warranty and a guy just has to have a new toy now and then. :):)

That's a piece of America right there! Very nice. :thumbsup: :10sign:

Nice bike Zeb!:cheers: Heres my Harley, she's not new (8yrs old), and has a ton of miles but she still runs like a dream.:cheers:

20130207_164433_zps382510ce.jpg

Very nice!!! I would love to buy your old bike. I have always liked that bike. I would need to sell a few more guns I think.

I have did that Cody, Yellowstone, Beartooth, Red Lodge. Awesome country. I was just watching a video that got me pumped up to make another trip though that country. Me and the wife were talking about putting the camper on the truck and maybe heading out there this summer. It would be sweet on a bike

Last edited:
My 2009 RKC ... I like the new RK and love the new anniversary emblems. Have fun and congrats. By the way, I just got my WO 10" bars on. They're great, much better than stock...(no new pics yet).

RoadKingClassic.jpg

My 2009 RKC ... I like the new RK and love the new anniversary emblems. Have fun and congrats. By the way, I just got my WO 10" bars on. They're great, much better than stock...(no new pics yet).

RoadKingClassic.jpg

Jim, I'm going to try the stock bars for awhile. I may need to get them back towards me a little as my arms are a little on the shorter side. Did you get the Wild 1 Chubby 10" Mini Apes? What did it cost you to have them installed? I got some crazy high quotes from the HD dealer on swapping out the bars. But even at the local independent bike shop they are figuring around $800 and that doesn't include the bars.

Only one extended trip planned so far. That's a trip around Wyoming, including Jackson, the Tetons, Yellowstone, Cody and the Beartooth Highway to Red Lodge, MT. We've done this ride before but have some friends that haven't so they want us to play guide for them. Already have to rooms booked in mid-July.

I love that ride! My wife and I and another couple took that trip a year and a half ago. Watch out for the buffalo in the park When they are on the road it is a bit intimidating. Here is a picture of our bikes on the trip!
http://s1150.beta.photobucket.com/user/jfn417/media/100_5347_zps1881827d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

Great looking bikes! Love that 02!

I'm hoping to head out to Kentucky/WV this summer around the 4th of July. I want to tour some of the distillaries and also hit up the the Hatfield/McCoy sites and some good ole mountain riding in WV!

Sorry for the late reply...yes they are the WO 515's-10" mini apes. I looked at the 575 baggers as well. The two are identical except the center on the 515 is narrower and looks better IMHO.

MUCH more comfortable ride. I'm 6'1 with 35 sleeve so I wasn't reaching for the RK bar but I was extended all the way. The 515 let's me relax my arms and shoulders.

My uncle and I put them on ourselves...it's a chore but not difficult. Took a couple of hours. No cable changes but extended the control bundle.

Enjoy the new ride and your 02 is cool.

Sorry for the late reply...yes they are the WO 515's-10" mini apes. I looked at the 575 baggers as well. The two are identical except the center on the 515 is narrower and looks better IMHO.

MUCH more comfortable ride. I'm 6'1 with 35 sleeve so I wasn't reaching for the RK bar but I was extended all the way. The 515 let's me relax my arms and shoulders.

My uncle and I put them on ourselves...it's a chore but not difficult. Took a couple of hours. No cable changes but extended the control bundle.

Enjoy the new ride and your 02 is cool.

Jim, could you post or PM me some pics of your RKC with the WO 515's on it.

I'm 5'10" with 33" sleeve so you can see that it creates a little reach for me. Not sure if the stock bars on your '09 are the same as the '13 but I'm sure not much diff is any.

Yes, it will be little reach for you. The O9 bars are the same as the new ones. My dealer actually stocks Wild Ones so you can carry them over and compare to a new bike. I'll get some pics ASAP. My RK is still at my uncles house in Dalhart, TX and I'm in Fritch (about 75 miles away); so as soon as I get back over, I'll get you some pics. I rode the RK over and rode my BMW K1200 back...what a difference! Until then, go to Wild One's website, there are several pics of RK's with the 515.

You are exactly right dakotazeb! Great place to start and stop at. I recommend them highly. Did you see the fairing I have on my road king? I have a friend that makes them for Kuryakyn they are a great product.

I've stayed there before and have a reservation for July 16th this summer. Cooke City is a neat little town.

I noticed the fairing on your RKC. Looks nice but not my cup of tea. That's why I decided on a new RK rather than a Street Glide. I do plan to add a Klockwerks Billboard Flare windshield though.

They are nice windshields. BTW the same guy makes those for Klockwerks as well! I get to run all the prototypes, they are great windshields. Have fun on the Beartooth! I am going to Cooke City next weekend to ride snowmobiles, that is an awesome experience as well.

Back