New gun

bobeyerite

For my Birthday last January, my wife got a new 20 gauge Traditions by Fausti O/U When the gun got here from CDNN. I really liked the way it fit, came-up, swung and the whole bit. Love at first sight so to speak. I didn't even take it to my gunsmith for refitting. Just had a mid-rib white bead added. My shooting scores have been a bird or 2 higher with it. I had a buddy from North Dakota come out to visit his son. We met at the Gun Club and he shot a 23 first time ever using the gun. He wanted to buy it on the spot. It is just one of those perfect guns.

Now my question is; did any of you fellow shooters ever run across such a gun?

Bob

Last edited:
I haven't shot a Fausti Traditions, but I have had the opportunity to look at one pretty closely. It's a good looking, and I think well made gun, and a real bargain.

The one I looked at had extractors, not ejectors (no problem, I like that arrangement just fine), and had choke tubes, which I do like.

Interestingly, the action parts look just like the Winchester 101, which I own two of (one from 1963 and the other 1978), and they're superb and unbreakable, except for a broken upper firing pin every 20K rounds. It's a ten minute repair.

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/imageBank/f/Fausti_Falcon_shotgun_action.jpg

IMO, it's a heckuva nice gun. Besides, it's Italian, so it must be pretty good. After all, it comes from the land of Ferrari and Fellini, Galileo and Sophia Loren, Pavorati and Andretti. What's not to fall in love with?

Put some shells through it, enough so it's smooth and familiar to you, and go shoot some birds. I predict it's a gun you'll never sell.

Jnromanh, you are right, mine has auto ejection and select. single trigger. Choke tubes and all the other goodies. I do love the safety on it. It is a manual not an auto. Of all those fine Italians you named I'll take Sophia, at my age I don't what I'd do with her But. I hope you are right the gun is well made and stands up well. I agree, I think this one will never be sold....Bob

Just got a new gun today, I had stared at it for many years behind the glass. The gun sure looked beautiful but how did it feel? The sale price made me bite. I asked to look at the gun. I shouldered it twice, but I already knew when he handed me the gun. It felt better than it looked.

PA, I hope your gun turns out to be as good as mine. Going to shoot it soon?... Bob

Yup, soon as I get a chance and weather permits. Its been hot. I think this gun has auto pilot so I should be able to hit something.

Good I'll be looking for a report on how the Auto-Pilot worked.

Bob, I would have to say my Browning Cynergy is one of those guns. Point and it hits

I used to shoot a 20 guage browning citori that I loved but then recently found myself wanting to shoot a Ruger 12 guage and although I rarely had any problems connecting with quail or pheasant with the 20 guage I just like the feel and the pull of the Ruger more. It feels as smooth as silk, that is until the rooster that is on point jumps totally unexpected and then well I usually feel something warm and it isnt my smoking barrels nor is it pretty either.

Chuck, I'm happy to hear you have such a gun. I think they put a new meaning into shooting for us. Fun, Relaxing and sheer enjoyment.

Huntin4, I like that description you give, I have never had it in the field, but I know what you mean.....Bob

Earlier this year my hunting partner, whom I have jsut recently converted to upland hunting (he's a waterfowler and deer hunter) told me that he wanted to get a nice upland gun for this fall. I went to work, sending him links to ads for guns for sale etc... Finally he had to qualify the statement "nice upland gun" with the add-on "that will not prevent me from sending either of my children to university!". So I scaled back a bit, but it was hard to find much in the 800-1000 dollar range. In nova scotia we have a little newspaper called the Bargain Hunter Press. Folks who are not into the internet sell stuff on there, and because of the smaller market I often find better prices in there than on-line. There was a simple ad in there - "12 gauge OU. Fabarm for Ruko. 1100$". Well we did all the research we could, and disovered that Fabarm are actually very nice guns, very popular in Europe, but not so much in North America. Price point was about 2000-2500$ on a new one today, and we learned from the seller that this one was 10 years old. We went to look at it and it was beautiful. Great wood, nice but not overdone engraving. Locked up tight. Barely used. The boys dickered about the price a bit while I fondled the gun. They could not agree on a price so we left and went for a cup of coffee. All I said to my buddy was: "you tell me when you've made up your mind for sure if you're not going to buy it, because I will". He flipped open his cell phone on the spot and offered the guy 900$ cash in hand right away, which I thought was a very good deal for him, although I think the seller was hoping for 1000$. Anyways, it was a month before we could get out to shoot. We took my little string-operated clay thrower out on the road down under the hydroline. Rob took a few straight-away shots, then some crossing shots from each side, and walked back to the truck wiht a HUGE grin on his face. Handed me the gun and I walked out to the shooting stand. When the clay flew I locked my vision on it and just let the gun flow up to my cheek and fire. Dusted. With each clay I moved slower and slower, letting it get waaaay out there before calmly letting the gun do the work. I simply could not miss. The best way that I could describe the gun as that it was solid, but fluid, if you know what I mean. It just came up and shot where I was looking and broke the clay. I can't wait to see him take his first rooster with it this fall - I feel like that moment will be the final piece of the puzzle in his conversion to an all-out pheasant hunting addict. I will welcome the company! lol!
-Croc

Croc, you have it exactly with that story. I am on pins and needles so to speak waiting for the bird season----Bob

I was ready for this season when the last one ended but it is so much like how a watch pot won't cook, the more I look at the calender the more time seems to stand still.

Back