New from Missouri

bpope

Hello guys. I just wanted to drop a line to introduce myself. I live in Southwest Missouri. I hunt with my 2-1/2 year old Springer Spaniel, Okie. That is Fiocchi for short. :) This is a great site! Here are some pics of Okie...

Last edited:
Heading to SWMO tomorrow as we have a place at Table Rock - hope you are staying dry down there (been following the rain and that's something else). Assume you have to travel to find any upland game. Would love to hear if there is something I am missing out on as I enjoy that part of the world for fishing and boating but never thought much about upland opportunities.

Good looking dog and welcome.

Heading to SWMO tomorrow as we have a place at Table Rock - hope you are staying dry down there (been following the rain and that's something else). Assume you have to travel to find any upland game. Would love to hear if there is something I am missing out on as I enjoy that part of the world for fishing and boating but never thought much about upland opportunities.

Good looking dog and welcome.

ETC, yeah, it has been absolutely nuts with all of the rain. Be careful traveling down to the lake, I know they had to open all of the flood gates, I think it was yesterday. So, I would imagine it is pretty crazy down that way. You are right, if you want any wild bird opportunities, you have to travel. I did flush a covey of quail at a spot that is near Springfield, so there are some quail around. Tons of preserves though. I have been told that Woodcock hunting is good around here, but I have never done it.

Thank you - we will. Crazy amounts of water across the whole state and hope the best for the folks impacted.

I had never thought of woodcock but don't know the first thing about hunting them.

Welcome - somehow missed this post, I'm in SWMO as well (north of Springfield). Hunt KS, MO, and SD...maybe we could connect in the fall and run the pups. Great site and good info to absorb.

Back